Thirty-Four: Games

MADISON'S POV

I slip the ginormous jersey over my head and pull up my skinny jeans and sigh. The striped sweater belonged to James obviously. Apparently if you're a freshman, you have to wear his your boyfriends jersey, because this is a junior and senior game. I'm not wearing makeup to the game, and I'm not doing my hair. I go downstairs quickly and head to the kitchen seeing the boys all around.

"We're taking pictures." I sigh.

"No you're not, you don't need pictures."

"Yes we do Madison. We're taking some tomorrow too."

"Fine. You can take some pictures tomorrow." I give in.

"Okay, and tonight." Luke barely mumbles the last part. I pretend I didn't hear it, just to stop this arguing.

"Do you need money?" I shrug as they each hand me ten. I take it because, hey free money. You never say no if someone tries to hand you money. That happens to me a lot around here actually.

"What time will you be home?" here come the over protective questions, and he's not even here yet.

"I don't know, 10 or 11?" they gape.

"10 at the latest." I nod, but I won't listen.

"Where are you going again?"

"Uh, the homecoming game at the school?" that was a stupid question.

"Your friends will be there, right?"

"Yes mom." that's ironic, because they did adopt me.

"No sex." Its my turn to gape, straight to Luke. That's when the doorbell rings, and I beat them there by a second.

"Okay you've met them before now let's get out of here." I rush out and try to wave and close the door, to be stopped by Luke's foot.

"Run." I look to James, laughing as we bolt away, them yelling about their pictures or something. Eventually we stop running, slowing down to pant as we look at each other, trying to hold in our laughter because we're already out of breath.

Once our breathing has returned to normal, he laces him arm with mine as we continue our walk towards the school. I get annoyed as paps follow us, but when I 'accidentally' throw a penny at one I think they get the hint and leave.

"You look good in my jersey." he smiles. I return the cheeky grin.

"What time does this get over?" I ask him.

"Usually around ten, but if we win we stay for another half hour to an hour." okay so yes, around eleven ish I'll be home.

"Perfect." I smile slightly as we walk up to the game. They're getting ready to start and it's wild here. People running around, supporting our team. The cheerleaders getting the crowd ready. Well, the crowd is pretty much just the people that actually watch the game, becsuse I'm told that we walk around.

The night air is sort of cold, but James wraps his arm around my waist making me warm up again as we spot our friends. His friends have started dating my friends so we really all hang out together. Only Lacey and Brianna are single. I actually find it weird that they're single, because Lacey always has guys hitting on her, and Brianna is completely gorgeous, yet a bit shy.

"Hey" we greet earning a chorus of 'hi' 'hellooo' and more 'hey' as we all get into conversation. We talk about meaningless things, as the game starts. We rush over and watch the players run through the banner and get into position. After a few minutes, we rush towards the cheerleaders, knowing they'll be throwing little things into the crowd.