Twenty: Dinner and Forts

MADISON'S POV

"What happened?" a reporter shoves something in my face.

"Did Luke do it this time too?" I just bite my lip. They can't know, it's just another accident, not like he did it on purpose.

"Why is she always getting hurt in your care?" we break through the crowd and the boys run to the car, me in Calum's arms.We all climb in and I'm placed in the middle before Calum climbs in after me, michael getting in on the other side. We slowly get out of the parking ,it and drive back to the house in about ten minutes. We live pretty close to everything here, which is a bonus.

Luke runs ahead of everyone and into the house as fast as possible, the other boys looking t me, unmoving. "Luke saved your life ya know. He does care about you." Michael speaks up and I look at him shocked and wait, how did he save my life I inhaled water which means I was drowning and EW.

"He's the only one who knew CPR, his mom made sure he did." Calum laughs and confirms my other theory. That means... I don't even want to think about that. Even if he was saving my life, and he's not technically my dad, it's just really weird thinking that his lips touched mine and his hands squeezed the water out of me by pushing on my chest. The boys must see my horrified look and just kind of awkwardly shrug before ditching me and running to the house.

"You guys suck! Calummmmmmmm come carry me, I can't walk" I frown but it's too late, he's gone. I get out on the side closest to the house and slowly hobble over using anything I can to hold me up. I make it to the stairs and then I frown. I can't make it up these, but I have to try. The back door would be locked since we left.

I take one step at a time, slowly going up and by the time I have three steps left, my bad leg causes me to roll down the stairs like and idiot and I just lay there, my leg in pain. This sure feels broken, but I guess I wouldn't know since I'm not the doctor and I didn't take my own x-rays, I didn't even get to see my own x-rays actually.

"Shit Mads, we forgot you couldn't walk." Ashton shrugs down at me, lifting me up onto his back after slapping himself for swearing. "Hold on.' he warns before rushing up the stairs and into the house, bringing me to the kitchen where all the boys stand, staring down at their phones. I sigh and cough awkwardly and they look, only to remember that I couldn't walk.

"She ended up rolling down the stairs guys." Ashton informs then and they just smile awkwardly before looking away to their phones again. All three of them wearing smiles.

"Whatcha smiling at?" I question and they all look, proving my point. They turn their screens to twitter and I read all the sweet tweets from fans. Their fans are actually pretty sweet, it's good they can have that. I smile and they all go back to their phones before Ashton and I shoo them away, Ashton putting me on the ground.

"Ash, get out. And keep all the boys out, for two hours?" I question and he looks at me like I'm insane. "Just do it. Take a bunch of waters and ONE bag of Doritos. Now go, and don't question me." I give him everything the boys will need for a few hours.

"Fine, just don't slap me." he jokes and walks out in surrender. I go through everything in the contents of this kitchen, deciding on making something simple, but it does take a bit longer. I go into the living room to find the boys watching spiderman and go to ash.

"Change of plans, keep them busy for three to four hours. Or until I call you. No matter what, even if they smell food just do it." I say in a hushed voice and he sighs in defeat before going back to the living room. I smile at him and he just focuses on the movie, typical boy, of course he would only focus on that stupid little movie. But it entertains them, so I'm not complaining.