Fourty-Two: Flesh and Blood

MICHAEL'S POV (ha I did it again you fuckers, were you expecting this? Probably.)

I stood there in shock at what the doctor had just told me. I was blood related to Madison? I never met almost any of my family, my uncle and grandparents, maybe a few other relatives, but never knew I could possibly be related to Madison. She was blonde, she had pale skin like mine, but I never thought about us being related.

"Wait, what?" I choke out. Believe me, I've always liked Madison. It was my idea to go and adopt her, this is just so shocking.

"Well we we're running blood tests, and yours showed two you two were related by blood, cousins probably." the boys haven't said anything, but I can feel their eyes on me. The doctor leaves the room, obviously letting us discuss this.

"Did you know anything about this, when we adopted her?" Ashton looks to me and I shrug, just as confused as he is. It seems like we forgot to be mad at each other with something bigger at hand.

"I don't even have any idea who she could be related to, I haven't met half my family." I say, running my fingers through my hair. I want more time to think this over before Madison wakes up. Before, I just wanted her to wake up so we could apologize and make sure she was okay, but now I'm not so sure.

The boys continue to talk, but I zone out, thinking about the mess that is our lives. I'm not complaining, I'm just thinking about how fucked up we are in ourselves, and how Madison will react to this news.

"Mikey, come get some food with us. Luke will stay here to see If she wakes up." Ash calls and I nod, jogging to catch up with them. We walkin silence to the cafeteria, grabbing some sandwiches and things to bring back to the room. I'd say we were only gone ten minutes, but I hear talking on the other side of the door.

"I think Michael would want to be here to tell you Madison." Luke states clearly, a d she doesn't respond as Cal opens the door to the room. We all gather around Madison, her clearly being confused on what was happening. She looked rather angry at all of us as well, probably for this mess.

"Uhm Madison there's no easy way to tell you this-" Ashton starts.

"The doctor did blood tests, you and I are related." I blurt out, wanting to get this over with. Her mood changes from anger, to just shock as she looks at me with curious eyes.

"Flesh and Blood?" she asks.

"Flesh and Blood. Probably cousins."

We all look at each other for a few minutes, just thinking over all of this. Everything that's happened, how the hell I could possibly be blood related to the girl I adopted. Just every damn thing. How I technically called my cousins a slut, and shiver at that memory. I don't know what was running through my mind then.

"Did you know?" she asks, looking up to me with big eyes.

"No. I didn't, I don't even know who your parents could be. I saw the picture of them, but I don't know many relatives." I sigh.

"Well that's okay." she gives me a weak smile. Things went better than planned.

A/N

Sorry this took so long, as I said in my status I'm really sick right now and couldn't find it in me to be creative and rewritten a chapter. I honestly feel like shit and don't even want to do anything so I'm sorry this is shit and boring.

✨ROTC✨ Go read Girls by BritishBums. I'm honestly in love with all of the stories that she writes, so there's another to add to the collection.

I'll update as soon as I can, hopefully I feel better. Also, there might now be an update tomorrow because I'm having my birthday party even though my birthday was on Monday. School starts tuesday(kill me) so updates might slow down once school starts but I'll still update whenever possible.