Fourty-Eight: Visitors

(a/n IMPORTANT okay so I've decided to skip to December 17th don't be mad at me lol but things that have happened will,be explained and just remember I'm doing Christmas how we do here in my family so if something's different don't judge and no there won't be snow because Australia oh and im sorry im lly bad at dialogue and chapter endings ha but haha yeah anyways it's December 17th)

MADISON'S POV

I take in the cent of pine as I walked around with Ashton, looking at all of the different Christmas trees to choose from. We didn't really have to worry about height, because our ceilings were high.

In the past couple months, things have been a bit strange. Me and Ash definitely grew closer, we have a really cool bond now. The boys have been better but they're okay I guess.

Luke and I are still awkward as hell near each other.

Oh and I didn't win class president, neither did Lacey. Some guy did, and I think he's fit for the job, he's pretty cool.

Nothing special has happened, except I can walk again and the cast is off. Oh! And I slapped Calum again because he's a douche muffin.

"There's no good trees." I huff, ashton rumbling with laughter.

"It's because we're coming a little late mads."

"Well then why didn't we come earlier."

"We aren't early for anything."

"You're right, early isn't in our vocabulary." we burst into a fit of giggles after that, and eventually we do pick a tree and head home. I still have to tell the boys something, and I'm not sure how they're gonna take it. But by the looks of the boys when we walk inside, I'm pretty sure they have to tell me something too.

I sigh, putting my stuff in my room and helping Ashton put the tree on the stand in the living room feeling satisfied. I wash the pine off of my hands, before sitting with the boys knowing they wanted me to.

I make awkward eye contact with Luke before looking down.

"Our families are flying out for Christmas." Calum blurts. (a/n I know they live in Sydney but pretend their families live somewhere else in Australia mkay.)

"Okay, how many people will be staying, and is it just your mums or..?" I trail off.

"It's each of our mums, and my little sister and brother, and Calum's older sister." I nod, seven people visiting, that's cool.

"How old are your siblings?" I ask, hoping for someone around my age.

"My sister Mali, is 23. Ashton's sister Lauren is 14 and his brother Harry is 11." Calum answers and I nod, deciding to tell them my thing later. "We're also picking them up now. And somehow our mums avoided everything and don't know about you?" I look at my outfit, I looked like a hot mess, and I was meeting their families, who were practically my family.

Michaels family, was my family. I don't understand how they didnt hear about me being adopted by their sons, oh well. I gulp and rush upstairs, throwing on ripped acid wash jeans and a top that says 'black is the new black' because it's better than sweatpants and a jumper. I slip on my gray converse.

I leave my hair the way it is but put a flower crown over it, because I'm such a 'hipster' and I can. I don't have time for makeup even if I wanted to, but I do slip on a rubber bracelet that says weirdo. (a/n for people who don't remember outfits are on my polyvore and my user is fivesecondsofvvifi)

I know this may seem like a weird way to dress for your first impression, but the boys dress this way too so I'm good.

I go back downstairs to see the boys waiting impatiently and shrug.

"17 minutes, it's record time!" Michael exclaims sarcastically, with the corners of his mouth twitched up, we exit the door, and take a few cars, me being with Ash. You can see the excitement in their eyes as they scan the airport, eyes landing on their families.

They run to their families and I awkwardly waltz over. I'm not part of this exchange, and they all know each other. I stand a few feet behind them with my hands in my pockets. These visitors will be here a while and I can only guess who their sibling are.

It isn't until the boys practically face palm when, Luke's mum, questions why I'm just standing there. I awkwardly look around, until the boys walk towards me.

"Uh, this is Madison. We adopted her."

A/N

I'm sorry this is short and a hella awkward ending and took me forever to post but I procrastinate haha. If you don't follow me, then basically I stayed home sick today. I still have homework but I put you guys first because yolo right

ROTC: Stumble by fivesaucewhoop is adorable

OH MY GOD I WROTE THIS YESTERDAY AND I FORGOT TO PUBLISH IT AND LIKE IM SORRY GUYS I LOVE YOU:D

Also I'm home sick again today so expect at the least, one more update😏