Fifty-Six: Rain

MADISON'S POV

I woke up that next morning with an arm around me, and I almost screamed. But then I remembered I fell asleep with Luke comforting me. I picked his arm up off me, and rolled out of his bed, and quietly left his room.

I walked straight into my bathroom, and saw my tear stained cheeks with makeup running down them, and my rats nest I call hair. My whole body is cold, covered in small goosebumps everywhere. Luke was the only person there for me in my most vulnerable state.

After I left Ashton, Michael, and Calum on the bottom of the stairs the yelling didn't stop, but Luke held me, and my crying blocked it out. I had shoved my head into his chest, he smelt of mint all the time.

I turn on the shower, and strip my clothes off before climbing in. I stand under the water as it burns my skin red, but I just stand there for a while, even after I'm clean and my hair is clean. I just stand in the scolding water as it burns.

I turn off the water and slowly wobble out, wrapping my frame in a towel and retreating to my closet. I slip on a pair of fluffy pajama pants and Calum's sweatshirt which I was wearing yesterday.

I see that it's almost 1:00, so I decide to leaves my room. I walk into the surprisingly empty kitchen, and get the most sugary cereal. I walk around while eating it, and the whole hose is empty. Maybe everyone's still sleeping?

I go sit out back when I finish my cereal, and just lay in the grass. That's when I start to feel the rain drops falling from the gray sky, and I laugh.

My laughter turns hysterical as the rain starts to beat harder than my pounding head, and I continue to lay there in the rain. It's just rain after all, a little rain never hurt anybody.

I don't know why I'm laughing, but something's funny to me, and I guess it's just because my life so far, has been practically a series of unfortunate events. It could be a lot worse, but this is just funny to me.

I feel two sets of arms lift me up from the cold rain, and my laughter seizes. The microwave time flashes 4:00, how long was I outside?

I see a flash of newly died bright red hair on Michael, and Calum's dark hair as they set me onto the couch, and cover me in a towel.

"Christ, Maddie how long we're you out there?" Michael looks at me with worry in his eyes. I just shrug.

"I came down a little before one, and ate cereal. I've been out there since I finished my cereal." I say quietly. Calum lifts his wet sweatshirt off of me, and then realizes I don't have anything but a bra underneath and tosses me another one.

Its not his, or Luke's, or even Michaels. It smells of pine, meaning it's Ashton's. I throw it back at Calum, and he raises and eyebrow.

"It smells like Ashton." I say weakly.

"Ashton has a particular smell?" he questions.

"You all do. Ashton smells like pine, Luke smells like mint, you smell like cinnamon, and Michael smells like the holidays. Ya know, like around Christmas when there's candles burning and things baking and it just smells like fresh backed gingerbread cookies and stuff." I explain and he nods.

He tosses me another sweatshirt, and it's Michaels. I don't bother changing my pants as they stick to my body. The boys sit next to me on the couch, and none of us say a word. It's not needed, they know I'm upset and they don't want to push me.

"Go get dressed, we're gonna go do something." Michael tells me.

A/N

Heyooooo

I'm going apple picking today yayyyyy

This story is coming to an end soon*cries* :-( is there any small things you guys want to happen before the second book? (small things :p) if so let me know in the comments