Am I missing?

I spent the rest of the morning with Jin. It's actually laughable now that I thought he was going to assault me before; this guy is way to innocent to even think like that.

I discovered that we don't have a lot of stuff in common, but yet we managed to hold a interesting conversation with each other.

He was a soft soul, the definition of purity. I fail to see how he was brought into this environment, but after questioning him and the sorrowed look that came in return, I didn't push him to find out.

Jin enjoyed many things with a passion- animals (although not insects), cooking, jokes that were only funny because of how lame they were, the other members, teaching, even knitting (but that was a secret between us)- He admitted that he always wanted to be a cookery teacher or a counsellor. I could picture it perfectly.

He invited me to help cook lunch and I happily obliged. After all it was one of my jobs that I hadn't attended to as of yet.

He taught me how to marinate the meat, which I knew how to do anyway but the joy on his face stopped me from commenting that, then proceeded to explain the individuals of the groups preferences in diet and eating habits. Most were similar, although RM didn't particularly care for sweet food. Yoongis habits were the most different, he didn't eat big meals and tended to snack instead. I hadn't bore witness to that as he usually ate full meals with me. Also apparently Jungkook ate the most, which isn't at all surprising considering how big his muscles were he would have to eat a fair amount to maintain them. Jin said the group had accurately described him as a 'muscle pig'.

Whilst the meat was marinating we hung around the kitchen sipping from glass bottles of coca cola. It was a warm day, so a slight sheen of sweat covered our faces. We drank in comfortable silence for small while, until a question that had been plaguing my mind recently came to thought. I pondered as to whether I should question Jin about it, however I guess he noticed my drifting thought before I had the chance to.

"Is there something on your mind, Nari? You're biting your fingertips and that's usually a sign of anxiety." I glanced down and indeed I was nibbling on the skin of my fingers. Damn, he would have made a brilliant councillor.

"Well... I was wondering something. Has anyone actually noticed I'm missing? As in my family in Korea or friend in England? They must have noticed my absence by now." Jin slowly shook his head.

"As far as I know, no. There hasn't been anything about you in the newspapers or television. I don't know about whether there has been in England though, but if there has, I'm sure it'll soon show up on Korean news as this is the last place you were known to be."

How could no one see I've been gone? It's been a few weeks since I've been brought here, so that's a few weeks without any contact from me. I've wondered daily if my Grandpa is still on the mend. Haven't they thought about me?

A silence overtakes the room. This time it's not comfortable, my queries bringing unease between us. After around 15 minutes of this Jin declares we should move onto the next step for lunch. So, that's what we do. There's no more chatter, we just continue mutely.

__________________________

Once lunch is readied, I bid goodbye to Jin and make my leave for my bedroom. Somewhere I hadn't been in a fair while. It's just as I left it, minus some clothing pieces. I slight layer of dust covers the surfaces of the beautiful furniture, but I pay no mind to it.

I decide a relaxing bath is in order. So without delay, I being running the ornate taps. Adding some vanilla bath soak and some exfoliating salts, it's complete. I strip out of my clothing and emerge myself in the bubbly water. Instantly the vanilla scent calms me. I push away all my thoughts, they're all negative as of late anyway and that added pressure is not wanted for this time of relaxation.

I lay back and soak, quietly singing some of the songs I've been yearning to hear again. I've missed this, being free to just breathe.

Not to say that my time here has been entirely horrendous. Although it's had its fair moments for sure. I've experienced almost more horror in my lifetime here than back home. However nothing will ever be as horrific as when I saw my Dad for the last time.

I shake away these thoughts and resume my clear head again, before I end up finding myself in a deep state of depression for the next few days. That's usually the case when I relive that memory.

Once my fingers prune up to the point where I fear them falling off, I step out of the bathtub and dry myself off with a fluffy towel.

I continue to sing softly as I apply some simple skincare. Which is something the boys prioritise with their hygiene. I do wish I had some makeup though. Make up is a thing that I also took for granted, it's a wonderful luxury to be able to alter your appearance to feel better about yourself, but I only see this after I am without it.

I look around for anything to cover myself with but see I forgot to bring clothing with me. With only the small towel hiding my figure from the world, I hastily retreat to my bedroom in search of clothes.

As I'm bending to get my jeans out of the bottom drawer, the door swings open. I almost fall as I jolt up to face the intruder.

Shock makes me freeze, as I see who is lurking in the doorway.