Purgatory.

"D-Dad?"

"Hi, sweetie." His voice was just as I remembered, soft and caring, yet deep and masculine at the same time.

"What- what's going on?" I can feel my eyes filling with liquid and soon tears begin to fall down my face.

"Sweetheart... you're in purgatory." My attention drifts back to my mother again, her harmonious voice sending my emotions into a whirlwind. Her arms circle around me and my dad joins us in our reunion. It's familiar and comforting.

It's my family.

"I've missed you both so much." I mumble into their chests. "We've missed you too, sweetie. We've been watching you grow, we're so proud of you." My Dad kisses the crown of my head, just like he always did before.

"Why did you guys have to go?" I'm sobbing, allowing myself to just cry for once. It's ugly, I know it is, but I let myself continue. "I'm so sorry. I was selfish and couldn't go on without your Eomma. I'm so sorry." My Dad voice is just a whisper, but I hear him and I understand his words. "It's okay. You deserve to be happy, I understand." They hold me tighter, I never want to let go. "Thank you. You're the best daughter, I'm so proud to call you my child."

My mum breaks the hug, holding me at arms length. "Baby, you need to decide what you want to do." She looks in my eyes, Brown meeting blue, searching for a hint of my answer. "What do you mean?" I was biding time, I knew what they meant but I wanted to have more time. I didn't want them to go yet.

My mum as always saw right through me and gave me a small smile, already knowing the answer I was going to give.

"You love him." It wasn't a question, a statement of words, truth that I hadn't admitted to myself yet.

"I do." I let out in a shaky sigh.

"You need to go back." Dad said, sadness laced in his tone. "I know I do. But... I'm scared. I don't want to lose you again." My malnourished body fails me, as I fall to the ground, heart wrenching sobs being torn from my throat.

"You never lost us. We've always been here watching over you." I nod at my mums explanation, knowing that as long as they're in my heart, they never will truly be gone.

"What if he doesn't love me back?"

They both chuckle, shaking their heads at me in amusement. "Baby, he may be a bit rough around the edges... but I think you just have to have patience with him. He cares about you a lot, give him some time to show that to you."

My hair dances in my vision, when I nod my head. "I will." With that they both help me off the ground, hugging me close to them and begin to pull away.

"We love you. Don't ever forget that." Mum wipes my tears away, with a loving caress from her thumbs. My dad kisses my hair again, before they pull away completely and start to walk away from me.

"No! No, I'm not ready! I've changed my mind. I want to go with you!" But they don't listen and continue walking.

I run after them, my hand barely grazing my dads before I'm sucked into a pit of darkness.

And then there's a light.