Mute.

I open my eyes slowly, the light momentarily blinding me, making me squint. I look around the room I'm in, trying to find something familiar to calm me down. My palms were sweaty, Nervous to be somewhere unfamiliar again.

Something rustled to my right and I looked over to see Jin. He was arranging a bunch of flower in a crystal vase. My pulse started to race and a loud beeping noise sounded in the room.

Jin's head whipped round to face me. His eyes were wide and his mouth hung open. He stumbled towards me, as if unbelieving to see me there.

"Nari?" The machine beeped faster as he came closer to me, I felt panic coursing through me. I knew it was irrational, this is Jin we're talking about. He'd never hurt me.

He stopped his endeavour, no doubt seeing my clenched fists and heavy breaths. He instead walked to the doorway and called out for RM. I wondered why he did that, if we are at the house then he wouldn't hear him in the vastness in it. I was proven wrong though when RM bolted round the corner. A similar expression to Jin's on his features.

"Jin, go get Suga. He's going to want to see her." At the sound of his name my heart started to go crazy. RM came closer to me, but in the haze of panic I didn't notice. All I heard was his voice, it was like I was underwater and making any sounds distorted and muffled. It started to fade away when a oxygen mask covered my face. I heard RM talking more clearly and I tuned into what he was saying.

"Breathe. It's okay. You're safe now, we won't hurt you. No one will hurt you. We were so worried. Your heart stopped beating, I tried everything I could to revive you. I was doing CPR for so long but it wasn't working, I gave up but Yoongi wouldn't let you go. He took over what I was doing. I don't know how it happened, it was a miracle. Yoongi saved you, he did the impossible and brought you back to life. I've never seen someone so devastatingly broken, he really must lo-." He stopped mid sentence when a throat cleared. I looked at the door and there he was. The man I love. The man who saved my life. Min Yoongi.

He was looking at me in a way I've never experienced before. His gaze was trained on me, with tears on the brink of escaping. He was thinner than usual, not ridiculously so but enough for me to notice. You wouldn't have thought it possible but he was paler too. But he was here and that's all that mattered to me in that moment.

"Oh god-." He chocked on his words and a few tears fell from his dark eyes. "You're awake, I can't believe it. I thought you were gone forever. I'm never letting you leave my sight again." He reaches my bed and held my hand. Surprisingly I wasn't afraid. His touch was welcoming after being apart for so long and I never wanted to let go.

I wanted to speak to him, tell him it's okay, tell him thank you, tell him I love him... but I couldn't.

I tried to speak but as soon as I opened my mouth I felt ice creeping into my veins. The heart monitor went ballistic once again and my whole body started to shake. I wasn't stupid, I knew what was happening.

After being trapped for so long, being afraid to speak in fear that I'd be punished again, Jimin had left a mental mark on me that made it all the harder to recover.

I can not speak.
I'm mute.

"Shh! It's alright. You don't have to say anything, I'm not going anywhere. I'll keep you safe." Yoongi's raspy voice soothed me and I focused my vision onto him again. This time the tears did fall, as he looked upon me with pain in his eyes. His mouth was thin and tight in a downwards direction. His long fingers wrapped around my hand tighter as if he was afraid to let me go.

RM excused himself and it was only then I realised that him and Jin where still in the room. They seemed invisible to Yoongi, who's gaze never faltered from mine. He reached out his hand that wasn't holding mine and brought it up to my face. His fingertips caressed my thin cheek and I closed my eyes in bliss at the feeling. I leaned into his palm and he cradled my face in his hand. It was only when he swiped his thumb across my cheekbone, did I notice that I was crying aswell.

I opened my eyes again and tried to communicate with them how much I love him. He let out a short, breathy laugh and brought his head down to kiss my knuckles. Butterfly's erupted in my stomach, spreading goosebumps along my skin.

"I'm never letting you go."

And he never did.