Chapter 4

I jog up the stair case quickly, reminding myself that I'm armed with two pistols that are slung in a belt around my waste that Dr. Hunt gave me when I officially said I would help him take down Shield. I never asked him why he wanted to, but my reasons are enough. Because he was right.

Now I do want revenge.

The building's alarm is booming against the metal rails and stairs as guards begin to rush down from the top floor. I, of course, have managed to loose the fear these situations once gave me, because now I know I can handle them.

I've used my weapons, because I've come to realize that people have to die if they stand in your way.

The guards can only fit down the stairs at a two by two, which is ideal for me. "Careful, she's a rogue" the head officer said to the others as they formally filed down the steps.

I take the first two's guns and pull them back towards me, causing them to fall down the stairs a ways. The next two are a little more difficult because I can't do the same thing, but I first punch their guns out of the way before jumping over the railing and pushing myself to the above level, grabbing onto the edge of the flooring and hoisting myself up to stand on my feet so that now I am behind them. And they're no longer in my way.

Fighting them would be pointless, but i have to or they'd be following me and making my job more complicated than it has to be.

Once they're all at the bottom of the steps or unconscious, I swing the door of the top floor open to reveal bustling people that are trying to gather valuable documents before leaving the building. Now I pull out my pistol and fire it in the air, causing their shouts and orders to fall into a frightful silence as they look over to me and stop moving entirely.

I assume that I might look slightly intimidating, as I now where a black shirt, a black leather jacket, and black leather pants. However, I wouldn't be surprised if someone burst out laughing because I was only a kid.

No one does, so I suppose anybody holding any form of weapon is threatening.

"I'm surprised none of you have guns" I reason as I stand in the way of their only exit. I broke the elevator before I even started this whole escapade.

"Who are you" a young man, looked like a nerd, said in an obnoxious tone. I thought for a moment.

If I had a power, and I was good at fighting, wasn't I legible for a cool name too?

"I don't know yet. Still have to come up with a name" I sighed, slightly disappointed as I pulled out my other pistol for safety. "Now, I need the Project K4-N folder. Anyone have that?"

Nobody even breathed.

"Someone must have it. The scouts told me it was in here"

"Who do you work for" a woman now questioned. I smiled at this.

"You don't know them" I reassured. "If I don't have that folder" I lowered my gun to point at another woman's head. "She dies". I picked this woman because of the Management tag she was wearing on her suit pocket. And fear was written all over her face.

Somebody rustled and walked forward slowly, holding out a shaking hand that held a folder labeled K4-N.

"Thank you" I said slowly, taking the folder with a curt smile.

Still, nobody moved.

An abrupt crash caused me to lower my weapons and grip the folder tighter, spinning around to see the door broken down by a man in a red white and blue suit with a metal shield that held a star in the center of it.