Chapter 21

I turn to the bullet, that hasn't gone very far from when I turned it around, but the minute my fingers reach to touch the metallic shape, it flies away from me faster than I can see. Fury suddenly falls, the pistol's sound has not even finished itself yet.

I drop my hand, turning to everyone else. Natasha has her two pistols pointing at me while Thor flexes his fist around the handle of his hammer. "Halo" Steve warns,

"You might want to run" Tony finishes, before the four of them rush to kneel beside Fury.

"You have ten seconds!" Natasha's teeth are clenched as she screams. "One"

I turn and run out the door. "Two" I say to myself as I jump levels, trying to land on the flat banisters. In a moment I slip and fall down two set's of cement steps. "Four" I groan as I place my feet beneath me and hoist myself up again, finishing the stair cases and running into the main lobby.

"Seven" I brake out into the open air and want to pause, smelling the pure oxygen I had been deprived of for longer than an entire month. "Eight" I still have to run across the court yard, so I better start now, "nine" my feet are moving as fast as they can, but the edge of cover is still several meters away.

"Ten" I can already hear the whistling of it as I jump and force myself forward, wether I hit the cement or the bushes I can't tell, because the missile's explosion makes my hearing sense the only sense my brain focuses on as it goes on high alert.

I grab my head as I have the urge to run back in and kill the red head. "No, No, No, No" my fingers grip my skull, trying to squeeze the thoughts out, but they're there to stay it seems, and the temptation of it is almost over powering.

Clearly I could do it.

She just tried killing you, why can't you return the kind gesture?

Another whistle causes whatever this other voice was to accept that I had to leave, so I ran.

Running seems to be the best thing in every situation.

I just don't want to find out what I'll do when I'm tired of it.

/

(3rd POV)

Three days later

"Is she dead?" Fury questioned, sitting up from his hospital bed.

"No" Natasha's teeth grit together, while Clint tenses at the sight of her being so aggressive toward the girl. "She ran"

The director chuckled, "she's good at that"

"Why were her eyes red?" Steve questions as Bruce walked in.

"I told you" Bruce sighs, "she's got her own Hulk mode"

"And that is how she threw me through a wall" Thor seemed to chuckle at the fact, while fury glared at both of them.

"She's getting stronger" Tony commented, lifting his finger into the air.

"She's dangerous now" Natasha tilted her head, looking down at the side table.

"Dangerous to the world" Fury added, then glancing at Steve "-and herself"

"So what do you expect us to do?" Steve seemed upset by all of this talk. So negative.

"Forget Dr. Hunt for now" Fury sighed before looking at all of them in the eyes, "The Avengers are on a new mission"

A pause of silence allowed them to guess.

"Wipe Halo Band off the face of the earth- And that's an order"