8: Getting Along

Hey Neoners!! I know it's been awhile since I updated last and I know I promised you updates but my aunt passed away so I haven't been able to get to writing. I missed the first 3 days of school but I don't have school tomorrow so I'm going to try and do some writing.

Until then here's your chapter!! I know it's short but I had to stop it at some point to lead into the next chapter.

ILYSOM Neoners!!

-Alice<3

P.S. Dedication to a commenter

§ »» § »» § »» §

Its been two weeks since the day Niall and I spent in. Zayn came home in time for dinner that day and we all talked and joked around. After Niall left Zayn told me he really liked him and think that Niall would be good for me. Good as in he would keep me in check even though I'm sure he's just as bad as I am.

Right now I'm getting ready for school, yay! Note the sarcasm. I pull on my black skinny jeans and one of my band tees and my black vans. I slide my bracelets on my wrists and make my way downstairs. Zayn is already sitting at the breakfast table with a bagel and a coffee. In front of my seat is a plate of pancakes and coffee. I sit down at my seat and begin to eat.

"Have you thought of giving up on this game of yours?" Zayn asks. I look up from my plate and his face is serious.

"You can't be serious" I scoff and continue to finish my food.

"Al I am, Niall seems really great from what I saw a couple weeks ago and you two are getting on real well. One of you is bound to get hurt if it goes any further." He says as he get up and puts his dishes in the sink. I finish my plate and move my dishes to the sink as before turning to Zayn.

"Look I appreciate the concern but I'm enjoying myself and that's that" I smile as I pick up my book bag and walk to the front door, "I'm off to school see ya tonight" I wave and then I'm gone.

I ride my skateboard along the sidewalk until a familiar car pulls up beside me. I look over and see Niall smirking from his rolled down window.

"Come on loser, get in." He says still smirking and I roll my eyes as I get in his Rover.

We drive the rest of the way to school in silence until the car is parked. Niall and I get out and he slings his arm around my shoulders causing me to smile. As much as Zayn hates this I love the feeling it gives me. That feeling that someone actually cares even if it's for a little while. Niall and I have moved on from that awkward hand holding stage to having our arms wrapped around each other. We also have started kissing which means we are moving right on schedule with this whole falling in love thing.

I will admit that whenever he kisses me I feel knots in my stomach. Whenever he wraps his arm around my shoulders I feel tingles surge through the points of contact. And when he gives me goodbye hugs I feel warmth spread throughout my body. I'm not saying I'm starting to actually like Niall as in have a crush on him but I enjoy the feeling. I don't know what's wrong with me, maybe my body just reacts differently to his touch rather than another guys touch.

"Al? Are you listening to me?" Niall asks pulling me from my thoughts.

"Hmm? yeah" I say absentmindedly. Niall quirks his eyebrow and I know I wasn't convincing enough. He rubs his hands up and down my arms to comfort me.

"What are you thinking about babe?" He asks and I debate what to tell him.

"You. Me. Us. This whole game" I say deciding the truth is my best option.

"What about us and the game?" He questions as the bell rings. I stand up on my toes to kiss him and then pull away.

"We'll talk later" I smile as I stand back on my feet and walk to class.

I sit down in my seat in the back of the room and doodle around on my notes, waiting for the day to pass me by. A few minutes before the bell rings my phone buzzes in my pocket. Swiftly I pull it out and look at the text.

Nialler: meet me outside by my rover after class ;)

Yes, Nialler. The little ass wipe got ahold of my phone and somehow magically knew my pass code and changed his name one day. I figured I'd keep it just to appease him.

Me: is this another one of your "adventures" ?

Nialler: maybe (:

"Miss Malik, is there something on that phone of yours you'd like to share?" My teacher asks and as cliche as it sounds I am saved by the bell.

"Nope, gotta go" I smile as I walk out the door with my phone and bag in hand. I make my way out to the student parking lot and over to Niall's car where he is casually leaning against it.

"This better be fun, I almost got my phone taken thanks to you" I say and he chuckles.

"But you didn't" Is his response.

"Yeah, yeah let's go" I smirk as we get into his car and pull away from the car park. A couple minutes later we are pulling up my drive way and I look at Niall quizzically.

"Why are we at my flat?" I ask and Niall smiles.

"Well a couple weeks ago we had a really fun night by watching Marval movies so I thought that we could spend the rest of the day watching movies instead of being stuck in that stuffy building." He says as he hops out of the car and makes his way to my front door. He grabs the key from the pot on the side of the garage and inserts it in the front. Yes, he knows where we keep the spare key, sue me for telling the little bugger.

He walks in the door and I follow behind him and close the door as well as locking it. When I turn around Niall is already comfortably situated on the couch. I grin and walk into the kitchen.

"Do you want anything to eat or drink?" I shout and I see him nod from the kitchen. He doesn't say what he wants and I roll my eyes and look back to the cabinet. I grab a bag of popcorn and put it in the microwave before putting a small kettle on the stove to boil for mac n cheese. The microwave beeps and I pull the popcorn out and dump the contents into a bowl. Niall walks in and grabs a can of Coke and a Mountain Dew out of the fridge and walks back into the lounge. I dump the box of noodles in the now boiling water and take the popcorn to the lounge.

"Mac n cheese should be done soon" I smile and he smiles and waves me off as he looks through the DVD cases. I walk back to the kitchen and finish making the mac n cheese before returning to the lounge with two bowls and set them on the coffee table.

: : ~ : : ~ : : ~ : :

My head jerks to the door as I hear it being jiggled. I feel my heart rate pick up as I slowly untangle myself from Niall who fell asleep about twenty minutes ago. Slowly I make my way to the door and peek through the window to see Zayn. He looks behind his shoulder frantically before trying the door again. I look at the time and see that it's just before school lets out, technically I'm not supposed to be home right not but I shrug it off and open the door. He jerks his head up and then lets out a relieved sigh as he steps in the door and locks it quickly. He doesn't say anything about Niall sleeping on the couch as he passes me to go upstairs, grabbing my wrist in the process and pulling me with him.

"Zayn! What's going on? What has you so freaked?" I ask in a whispered tone and he shushes me then pulls me into his room and shuts the door behind him.