14: Meeting the Parents

Hey Neoners!! I'm sorry I didn't get these chapters up on Monday like I said I would. I thought it would be easy to get them up on Monday because I'd have the weekend to write them but it's actually easier to get them up on Thursdays. So from now on my updates will be on Thursdays for this story!

6 more chapters and the Epilogue left! Don't forget to comment about what you think of this chapter and vote if you like it!

I love you Neoners!!

-Alice<3

P.S. Dedication to a commenter

§ »» § »» § »» §

Its been close to a month since Niall and I met with Carol and gave her our final decisions for the parents to our baby. About a week ago she called us and told us that we have a meeting scheduled at their house to meet them. We were told that they are extremely excited to meet us and they can't wait. That meeting is today.

To say I'm slightly nervous about the meeting would be an understatement. I'm so jumpy even Niall can sense it and I'm sure I'm driving him nuts. He's already told me over twenty times to calm down or that everything is going to be fine. As much as that is encouraging it still didn't help though. We pull up to the house that we followed the GPS to. Carol gave us the address when she called us last week.

I took a deep breathe as I looked at the large house. It wasn't mansion sized but it's definitely a good size. I think back to when Niall and I finally picked that folder from the two. Inside the folder on the first page was a profile sheet for a man and woman.

Full Name: James Percival
Age: 31
Birthday: 05 July 1983
Occupation: Business Man
Children: Stephanie, adopted at 6 yrs old. Current age 13.
Hobbies: Fishing, Golf, Photography, Camping with family, and taking daughter to movies.

Full Name: Jesse Percival
Age: 29
Birthday: 17 December 1985
Occupation: Nurse
Children: Stephanie, adopted at 6 yrs old. Current age 13.
Hobbies: Reading, Watching movies with family, Gardening, Shopping, and Taking care of children.

When we saw that they had already adopted and that they had good steady jobs that was our deal breaker. We wanted or child to grow up with siblings and and older sister was perfect. I smile as I think about our decision. I'm confident that we made the right one, even if it doesn't feel like it at the moment.

"Come on, let's go meet them." Niall smiles after he takes a deep breathe and let's it out.

I smile and nod as I open my door. We get out of the car and walk up the driveway, Carol informed us that she wouldn't be coming with us to this meeting because it was for us to decide if we liked them. She didn't want to interfere with our asking questions.

Niall knocks on the door and steps back, taking ahold of my hand in the process. As much as I hate to admit it but I think I'm starting to fall for him. I know we called the game off before I left but I'm still not ready for those kind of feelings. Right now though I feel like they're inevitable, I mean I'm having his baby for crying out loud!

My thoughts are interrupted by the door being opened. I lovely young couple stands on the other side smiling at us. The woman I'm assuming is Jesse has brown hair and brown eyes, simple but very beautiful. The man standing behind her with his hand resting on her shoulder must be James. He has a nice and friendly smile, brown hair and light green eyes.

"You must be Niall and Alex" Jesse smiles as she hugs us both.

"Uh, yes that's us" I smile as I shake James' hand. "You must be Mr. and Mrs. Percival."