12: Wait What?

Hey Neoners!! Here's Chapter 12! I'm sorry for the long wait I've been busy with college. I only have a month left in this semester and then I'll be free to write as much as I want for a couple months!!

I'm almost finished with Chapter 13 so that one will be up in a little while as well!!

I love you all Neoners!!

-Alice<3

P.S. Dedication to a commenter

§ »» § »» § »» §

I wake up and grab a change of clothes and go to the bathroom and turn the shower on. I step into the warm water and wash my hair. After finishing my shower routine I step out and wrap a towel around my body to dry off and a second around my hair.

I slip on my bra and underwear before pulling on my favorite ripped up skinny jeans and sliding my Yellowcard tee over my head. I grab a pair of socks out of the drawer in my room and put them on, not caring if they match or not.

I look at the time on my phone and see that it says 8am. I walk towards the kitchen area but stop when I hear talking. I hear two voices and one for sure is Zayn's the other is hard to distinguish. I peek around the corner to see Niall sitting opposite from Zayn.

Ducking back behind the corner I quickly make my way to my room and close the door silently. It's been 2 two weeks since the honor call between Niall and I. Two weeks since the text telling me he can change. Why the hell is he here? There's a knock one my door that makes me jump.

"Alex I know you're awake" I hear Zayn some what whisper. I groan and open the door.

He walks in silently closing the door behind him. He sits on my bed and gives me that look that's says I know you know. I let out a loud sigh before sitting up a little straighter.

"Why is he here?" I ask bluntly and Zayn just nods.

"Because he told you he could change." Zayn says and I shake my head.

"That doesn't mean come here. Fuck he never told me he was coming coming! I don't want him here! I thought I made that clear when I left!" I say getting angry.

"Did you tell him that specifically?" Zayn asks and I shake my head.

"Well that's why, Alex he wants to help with the baby" He continued.

I sigh and shake my head again keeping my thoughts to myself. I'm giving the baby up for adoption. I can't take care of the little one and I'm not going to make Zayn help me. That's unfair to him. I mean if Niall wants to raise the baby on his own that's fine but Zayn and I can't give it what it's going to need. I doubt Niall can too.

"Fine but in the end it's my decision and he knows that." I state and stand up to walk out of my room. Zayn follows close behind me as I walk into the kitchen and grab some juice from the fridge. I turn around and sit at the table across from Niall.

"Hi" I say and he smiles at me. Zayn gives me a look saying play nice and I just give him a sarcastic smile. Of course I'm going to play nice, I'm not stupid!

We all get to talking for a bit and it's like we never left Manchester. Niall fills me in on how Liam and Harry are doing and he also lets me know that Natalie and Camila keep asking about me. He didn't tell them where I went which I'm thankful for because it would've made the situation a lot worse.

"Alright, now we need to get down to business." Zayn says just as there's a knock on the door. I get up to answer it and see that it's Louis.

"Hey Lou, come on in" I smile as I greet him and he follows me into the kitchen and takes a seat.

"Right, as I was saying, we need to come up with a basic plan. Staying here in Mullingar is only temporary. Dad is smart, as much as he's an ass he's smart. He's always been a step ahead of us but this time we are going to have the advantage." Zayn says.

"Right, and what advantage is that exactly?" I question him and he just smiles.

"Worse case scenario, I send you off to America with Niall for protection" Zayn says, I open my mouth to object but he holds his hand up. "I know you say you don't need protection but I'm your bug brother and what I say goes."

I slump back in my seat and cross my arms as I make a pouting face. Zayn just looks at me with that look that says if I open my mouth to cause problems he's going to lock me in the bathroom. I shake my head and he quirks his eyebrow.

"The main plan is to hoipefully hide out here for a few months. Maybe even until the end of your pregnancy and then get back to Manchester. By then I'm hoping everything wil be resolved. On the off chance he traces us here that's when I'll send you and Niall to America while I take care of him." Zayn finishes and everyone around the table is nodding but me. 

I hate that he wants to send me away again if dad finds us. I'm just as capable of helping as they are. Granted it'd be a lot easier without this little human inside of me but it is what it is. I can't change that. Zayn stands up and mentions something about running to the food store and pulling Louis along with him leaving Niall and I to ourselves.

"So, have you thought of baby names?" Niall speaks up after the prolonged silence that hovered in the air.

"No, I don't see a need to" I answer.

"Why not?" He questions and I just sigh.

"Because Niall, I can't take care of this baby and I'm not going to force it on Zayn." I tell him and he shakes his head.

"But I can help too" He says and I shake my head.

"Think of the baby's future, do you want him or her to grow up on the run from my father. Living from place, having barely any personal belongings because there's not much money, and having to grow up way too fast? I'm only thinking of the baby's future, I want to give him or her a good home. You and I can't do that." I tell him. 

"Okay I see what you're saying." He says as he nods his head slowly. I sigh in relief and lean back in my chair.

"It's for the best." I tell him and he nods.

"Yeah, you're right. I never thought of all those factors." He says and I nod.

We sit in silence for a little while longer before Niall suggests watching a movie. I agree and we move to the couch and Niall puts a DvD in. We sit for a couple hours just watching movies and wating for Zayn to come home.

"Maybe one day we'll be able to get back to our old lives" I say out of no where and Niall just looks at me and nods his head.

I get past the fact that he and I have gone through a lot in the past months and rest my head on his shoulder. His arm comes around me and he pulls me closer to cuddle on the couch.