19: Going Home

Hey Neoners!! Here's chapter 19! There's 1 more chapter left, chapter 20!! That one I'm hoping to put up tonight but I'm studying for an exam for tomorrow so I might not get to it. Also I know this chapter is shorter than my others but that's because Chapter 20 is going to wrap everything up, this was mostly a filler chapter.

Lastly, there's a picture of Alex's drawing to the right or above if you're using the app!

Peace out Neoners!!

-Alice<3

P.S. Dedication to a commenter

§ »» § »» § »» §

I wake up slightly disoriented. After we got off the plane and into the car I fell back asleep without a second thought. Now that I'm waking up again I see a ceiling. I look around and notice all of my old things I left behind in Manchester. Then I notice that I am indeed back in Manchester and in my old bedroom.

I get out of my bed and walk to my door. Slowly, I open it and walk out of my room. I hear laughter come from downstairs and then voices. I can differentiate Zayn, Niall, El, and Louis but it sounds as if there's a couple more people here as well. I turn into the graffiti room and sit in the corner with my sketch pad. It's been awhile since I've drawn something.

I decided to draw Andy. I draw him based on the first time I held him. When he was wrapped up in his blanket and looking up at me with his bright blue eyes. I decide on a pencil drawing because it was simple and easy to do. Plus with my perfectionist self when it comes to my art I take a while to do any kind of drawing.

I'm hoping that it'll buy me time so I don't have to go and face everyone. I would really just like a quiet day with Zayn and I now that we're back home. There was news that our father got arrested about a month ago on charges of grand theft auto and robbery so he's in jail now. Nothing for us to worry about.

"That looks really good." Someone says and I jump hearing the voice.

I wasn't expecting anyone to come look for me considering the thought I was asleep. I look up to see Camila and Nat standing a dew feet from me but close enough to see my half done drawing. I give them a poor excuse for a half smile and they sit near me.

"His name is Andy, he got my hair but Niall's eyes." I say as I continue to draw my baby boy.

"Well the drawing looks precious." Camila says.

"Thanks." I say but I can't find it in myself to carry on with a conversation.

"Niall and Zayn filled us in on what all happened and we wanted to tell you that we think you made the right decsion." Natalie speaks up.

"Uh yeah, thanks. Look if you guys don't mind, I'd really rather be by myself right now." I say and they nod before getting up to walk out.

I know I shouldn't have done that but I can't help it. I just want to sit and draw all day, of what? I have no clue but something beautiful, something peaceful. Just as I put the last touches on my drawing Zayn walks into the room with a smile that I can't quite decipher. It looks like he is truly happy but his eyes scream concern.

"Al, you need to eat. I ordered your favorite pizza. Come down stairs and join us." He says as he kneels next to me. "We should frame this and hang it by your bed, it looks exactly like him."

"Yeah, it does doesn't it." I say with a genuine smile. Thinking about Andy makes me happy, knowing I don't have him with me is what tears me apart.

"Come on, you haven't eaten for two days." Zayn says and holds his hand out to help me up.

I take it and he keeps ahold on me as we move through the house. I can feel the eyes on me as we make our way out of the lounge and into the kitchen. Niall is sitting at the table with Louis and Liam chatting but they stop when they see me. I give a small wave and Niall immediately comes to wrap me in a hug. I hold on to him and let out a breathe I didn't know I was holding. when we separate he sits back at the table and pulls me on to his lap. I look at the drawing I still held in my hand.

"What's this?" Niall asks slipping the paper from my hands.

"Andy." I say and he nods with a smile. He passes the paper to Louis and Liam and Louis' eyes widen.

"This is spot on! Looks just like him." He says.

"You miss him?" Liam says and I nod.

"Heaps." I say as I feel a tear slip from my eye. Niall is quick to wipe it away and Zayn places a plate with two slices of Papa Johns pizza in front of me. I smile up at him and he just ruffles my hair as I pick up the slice.

The night went on with conversations all around. Harry, Natalie, Camila, and Eleanor joined us in the kitchen after a little while. The sun began to set outside and I watched through the kitchen window. I excused myself from the group and walked out the back door and stood at the edge of the patio.

"You know just because it's April doesn't mean you won't get cold." I hear Niall say from behind and I give a small laugh. The first one since a week ago.

"I just wanted to watch the sunset." I say as I turn to face him.

He has a large blanket wrapped around and he opens his arms. I walk to him and he turns me around so we're both facing the sun set and he wraps his blanket covered arms around me. He asks if I want to sit so I nod and he sits on the ground pulling me with him on to his lap.

We sit in silence as we watch the sun dip below the horizon and allowing the darkness to blanket the earth. I look up at the sky and see the stars and the moon. It's peaceful out here. listening to the crickets and the sound of wind rustling through the leaves of trees. I take a deep breathe and let it out.

"We should go back inside. Knowing them they're probably watching us." Niall chuckles and I nod. "How are you?" He asks as we stand up.

"Better, but not good yet." I answer him simply and he nods.

"Can I help?" He asks and I shake my head.

"I don't think it's possible, I just have to wait for the pain of missing him to be over taken by life." I say.

"Well then lets go let life take over." He says and I smile and nod.

We walk into the house and hang out with everyone way into the early hours of the morning. Zayn brought out some bottles of alcohol about an hour before midnight and some shot glasses were added to the mix. We laughed, we got drunk, we took shots, we hung out, and we let life over take us that night just like Niall said.