Drew Grier: A Broken Girl

Authors note: anyone still reading in 2017?
~Drew's POV~

15 years old (almost 16), and I have my whole life figured out. Now, I know what you're thinking? That's wrong, weird, and just fucking crazy. But I do, let me tell you about it. First, I am going to get the hell out of here. Second, I am going to make music, and frankly just be happy for once in my life.

You see, to the naked eye, my life looked perfect. I lived in a large house, have wealthy parents, and got everything I desired. But, nobody understands that's not what it's really like around here. My parents money? Because of my brothers, Nash and Hayes.

They got famous on Vine, and all of a sudden people wanted to know who they were. I hate it, every damn second. My parents only care about Nash, Hayes, and the buckets of money they bring in. And my sister, considering she honestly is the cause of all of it.

So that left Will, my oldest brother, and I feeling like utter shit. He even moved me into his apartment to get me away from them, because I can't stand being in the same room as my parent's that much. I hate my Father, and well Mom is somewhat tolerable.

"I just got off the phone with our jack ass' of parent's." Will said, coming into the living room.

"And?" I questioned, surprised he was talking to him.

"Magcon is offering you a contract." He spoke.

"What the actual fuck!?" I almost screamed, dropping my phone on the couch.

"Yeah." He smiled, "I told you that you were good enough. So, when you kept doubting it, I sent in a video of you singing to that Bart guy, apperently he likes you."

"I can't even- What? Will, I love you so fucking much." I said, the happiest of tears streaming down my face.

He started telling me the details, and I could barely breathe. He sent in that video, he believed in me. I didn't think anybody did, but my brother, my world did. The past few months have been hell, and suddenly everything was looking up.

My dream, it could come true. Will always said that when he made it in Football he'd take me anywhere I wanted go, but what if I make it in music first.

"There's a downside Will." I sighed, after pro-longed happiness.

"Nash and Hayes." He said.

"Yeah, how the hell am I supposed to stand being near them?" I asked.

"It's only a few months, and then who knows. You could get signed to a label, making your own music. The possibilies are fucking endless. And if not, you'll move with me to Florida, like we planned."

"Okay." I breathed.

I fiddled with the ends of my long extremely dark hair, trying to make sense of all of this. He showed me the contract, and I looked it over. I leave next week, holy shit. The first step to it all was, making all the social media that went with it.

Youtube, Vine, Twitter, and even fucking Instagram. I didn't want, but Magcon wanted to start getting me out there, and better yet, my voice out there. I've been singing since I can remember, but Will is the only person who's ever heard. And now, the whole world is going too.

"What if-" I started.

"Not what if, you got this Drew. You have one of the best voices I have ever heard, and trust me I am not just saying it. I wouldn't have sent that video in. You have true talent, and it shouldn't be wasted." He said.

Another tear slipped my cheek, "I-" My mouth stumbled to say anything.

"Don't, please don't cry." He sushed me, wrapping his arms around me. "I love you more than anything in the world Drew, you are the best sister I could ask for, and you deserve to be happier than anybody. I want you to have the life you've always wanted. And this, it's the first step to getting there."

"What about Nash and Hayes?" I asked.

"They treat you like they used to, I will personally come and beat their asses. Maybe they've had some sense knocked into them." He chuckled.

The comment made me stiffle a laugh. "Thank you." I whispered.

He smiled, "Now, you gotta do this big. And when you get famous, think of your amazing older brother, and not the rest of our bullshit family."

"Of course, someday, I'll be living in London, maybe L.A, we can take our private jets and meet for a football game." I joked.

"That's all I want sis." He said, pressing a kiss to my forehead.

This, right here, he's all I need in my life. But now, I am going to be introduced into Nash's and Hayes' world. A scary, and intimidating one. "How am I supposed to perform infront of all those people?" I asked.

"Think of me." He said, "Pretend we are here, and your playing me one of your songs. Screw what the other people in the room think, because when you sing, they'll listen. And if they don't, make them. You need this Drew, it was all I could think of to get you heard. If Nash and Hayes can do something like that, you should be able too. They have no talent, and you have all the talent in the world. Use it kid."

That night, when I layed down. My head was spinning, and the room was turning over. This is actually happening. We won't have to worry about bills anymore, or food. The contract offered 10,000 for just signing it. And that'll be enough to get us out of our crappy apartment, and tend to our needs.

We even talked about going to the bank tomorrow so I could get a credit card, and then to the Mall so I can get a phone with the money. While my parent's live in luxury, Will and I have been in hell. He only works as a waiter, and he's paying himself through school, and he's got my mouth to feed.

With me being in online school, it made it somewhat easier. I could pick up jobs baby sitting during the way while he was at work to help pay for food, now we don't have to worry about any of that. In two weeks, everything will change.