Chapter 27

(2k reads I'M SCREAMING. ILY. And remember when you are reading this, there is about a month or so you don't know what happened. Soon, you'll find out. Love y'all.)

~Drew's POV~

 Hayes was admitted, and they got his breathing under control, his heart rate steady, but the problem was that he was unconscious. It's been two days since he came in, since the worst day I could have imagined.

 I heard a knock at the door, it was late, Nash had gone back to the hotel for the day. It was Bart, with sad eyes. “How's he doing?” he asked.

 “Not worse, that's the good thing.”

 “We need to talk about something.” He said, I look to him, waiting for what he had to say. “We can't cancel the Magcon show in Ohio because of Hayes. We have to move on.”

 “So what are you trying to say?”

 “We have to leave Hayes here. Your oldest brother will be here tomorrow, so he'll be fine.”

 “Are you fucking serious?” I snap.

 “We can't afford to cancel the show Drew, I'm sorry. We'll lose the money.”

 “Okay, then I quit Magcon.” I spoke, not realizing I was saying it. But as the words spilled my mouth, I knew, it had to be done sooner or later.

 “What?” He asked, stunned.

 “You heard me, I quit. You wanna leave and head to Ohio, have fun. I'm not stopping you. I was going to quit at some point, so why not now.” I mutter, angrily. Walking to my purse, grabbing my check book. Writing a check, “and here is every penny you ever fucking gave me.”

 “Drew-”

 “No, if you can't cancel a damn show for one of your members, then honestly, I don't want to be apart of it anymore. Fuck you, take the money and shove it up your ass.”

 I waved him off, I couldn't stand to look at him. He left the room, leaving me alone with Hayes unconscious body. I can't believe what I just did, I quit. I fish my phone out of my pocket, dialing Epic records.

 Taking a few deep breaths.

 “Can we start recording early?” I ask.

 “Of course we can, I wanted to ask, but I didn't know how you would feel about leaving Magcon. How early are we talking?” Jessy, one of the managers at Epic said to me.

 “A week, maybe two. I'll email you all the details, it's a long story.”

 “Okay sweet heart, the house, the car, everything will be ready for your arrival,” he said.

 Once I finished, I hung up the phone, I called a cab. I needed to get to the hotel, pack everything, and move to what is going to be Will's room. I am thankful, that it is in the same hotel. I talk to the nurses, telling them that I'll be back early in the morning.

 I know, the Vans will leave around 6am, I'll have to say goodbye to everyone then. I didn't want to leave, but I knew in my head it was the right thing to do. This place, this kind of life, isn't right for me at the moment.

 I need to be in Los Angeles, recording, working on my future. And if the Magcon owners are worried about a few thousand dollars, then the assholes can get out my line of sight. I pay the cab driver, running my hand through my greasy hair.

 I feel disgusting, and I look that way too. “Early check in for Grier.” I speak to the front desk.

 “We can't do that sweet heart,” The front desk lady spoke.