Chapter 23

(Sorry for the shortness of the chapter, having severe writers block. Love y'all.)

~Drew's POV~

'Goodbye Drew, I've caused you enough pain.' The last line of the note read. Everything, it comes around full circle. And now I understand. As fast as I can, I bang on Cameron's door. He comes, confused.

We need to find Nash now!” I almost scream, tears pricking my eyes.

What?” He asked, “what happened?”

I pull his arm, running down the hallway, “he's going to kill himself.”

I blink, and I'm back in my room. The memory fades away, going back into the cellars of my mind. Stowing them away. I know why now people repress certain things, because they are too painful to think about.

Nash was protecting me, the entire time, and I was hating him. I feel more than bad, I feel horrible. I wish, I wish I knew. This is all George's fault. He's the reason I lost my brother. Jack's body moves next to me, I reach for the bedside table.

My phone, dialing my Mom's number, a voice I haven't heard in so long.

“Drew?” She asked, probably waking up for the day.

“Are you alone?”

“Yeah, everything okay?”

“I want his name.” I whisper.

“Whose name?” She questioned.

“My real Father's.”

I could hear her gasp, yet, she didn't deny it. “How'd you find out?”

“It's a long story. Tell me.”

“Nikoli Smith.”

“Who was he?”

“An old friend.” She said.

“That's all I wanted to know, thank you.”

“Are you going to try and find him?”

“I'm not sure.”

I hung up, sighing. I'm not ready to find my real Father because what if he is like the one I've actually known my whole life? It's my biggest fear, one of them. My other fear, is what is Will going to think. He's the biggest part of my life, he needs to know what Nash was doing all those years.

What about Will?” I ask.

I'll tell him, I guess. Explain to him everything.”