Chapter 31

(I picture Nik as Jason Statham.)

~Drew's POV~

So this is goodbye..” Jack's voice trailed, as I zipped up my jacket, it was nearing 3 in the morning. I had to get back to my hotel, and then to the airport.

I nodded, “for awhile, I guess.”

What happens from here?”

Life, Jack.” I sighed, “that's what happens. I want to forget all the bad things that happened. But I can't, not now.”

You can Drew, but we both know why you can't.” He spoke, and I looked up to him, with question in my eyes. “It's because of Cam.”

And I know, he's right.

I'm sorry,” I whispered.

Not your fault Drew. Someday we'll be together, but it's not now.”

I glanced at the clock, “I have to go.”

I'll miss you Drew,” he wrapped his arms around me, kissing my forehead. I sank into his pressence, one last time.

I'll miss you too Jack.”

The world has a funny way of pushing two people apart, and making sure they're always in different places. The night I left Jack in New York City, it hurt, physically and mentally. The encounter with him, was shocking, for lack of better words.

London, has been amazing. I've gotten to see the city, attend various interviews, talk-shows, and events. I've been doing acoustic shows, getting my name out and building more of a fan base in the UK. Although, I'm more than exhausted, with the constant movement. My life is all go, and sometimes I wish it would stop for a moment, so I can breathe. I've been here for a week, and I wish I could have a day to myself.

My laptop was ringing, as I was about to lay down for the night. I groggily answer, to someone I wouldn't expect. “Hey Drew,” Matthew Espinosa smiled, “what's up?”

“About to go to bed, you?” I ask.

“Oh yeah, you're in a different time-zone. Shit, I'm sorry.” He frowned, “I'll get the point quick I guess. So the guys and I are throwing a surprise party for Cam. Ya know, cause his birthday is coming up?”

I almost forgot, Cameron is turning 19 soon.

“Oh yeah, so what do you need from me?”

“Can you be apart of the surprise? I know you two have a huge thing for eachother. And he'd be completely stoked about it. I'm supposed to take care of his birthday present. And we got him stuff, but I think he'd much rather have you.” He said, “what do you say?”

“I'm not promising anything. Life is hectic right now, where and when?”

“Two weeks, we'll be in Jersey City.”

I have two weeks left in London, almost exactly. “Text me the exact date, and all the details. I could be able to swing it. I'll see what I can do. I have to talk to my manager Jessy, and security detail.”

“You have security now?” He asked, chuckling.

“Yeah, fans can get rowdy. Paparazzi, are douche bags. I have a main security guard, who doubles as my driver, then there are others. It's a long story, I have to get off the phone. I need to get some kind of sleep, I have to get up early for interview.”

“Oh yeah, don't you have a new single coming out soon?”

“Yeah, I do. Wish I could tell you about it. Text me everything, and I'll let you know about Cam's party as soon as I can.”