Chapter 33

(Sorry I haven't updated in a few days, I was taking a short break. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder. Is it true? Well, I've been working on some cool things. Like maybe a sequel, and maybe another story entirely. Thank you for reading.)

*Remember, Jc Caylen= Member of O2L

~Drew's POV~

I'm back home, well I don't know if you would call California home, but it's where I am at physically. My weird, fiery, intense trip to New Jersey has left me dazed, confused, and a bit cloudy. I don't know what to think, especially when it comes to Jack, and or Cameron.

Today, I am lucky. I don't have meetings, recording time, or interviews. It's the first time in a long time, I can relax, and do something I want to. Jc had asked me to hang out, but I declined until later. I want to spend it by myself.

I tie my shoe laces, plug my headphones into my ears. Stretching my arms out, feeling the warm rays of sun hit my back. My house sits on four acres of land, in the almost middle of no where on a private beach. I thought, I would finally explore all of it, and maybe get a workout in.

I start running, passing palm tree's, my mail box, and detached gazebo. I hear birds soaring above me, seagulls I assume. It's serenity I usually don't receive. I can clear my thoughts, and hopefully leave them behind here.

I run a little farther, a bit out of breath, seeing Nik and Hugo's home. They share an refurbished converted loft on the outskirts of my property. I often wonder, if they have families, and why they don't spend their time with them.

They've had the past few days off, I open the door, seeing if there home. The cars are gone, but I step inside to the air conditioning anyways. I've never been in the place, but I realize it's nice. I go to the open kitchen, looking at the pictures on it. I feel invasive, but curious.

I see a picture, of Nik, younger, with his arm wrapped around a brunette. My breathing get's harder, faster. The girl he is with, is my Mother. A gasp comes from my parted lips, I hit my hip on the edge of the counter.

I run, as fast as I can back to my house, slamming the door behind me. Questions, everything is running through my mind. Did he know? Is he my body guard out of coincidence? Or did he find me himself? Why was he gone my entire life?

It makes sense now, Nik is short for Nikoli. I reach for my phone, tapping Will's contact. I sunk to the ground, pulling my knee's to my chest. Heaving, trying to calm my self down. “Will?” I ask into the phone.

“What's the matter?” He asked, in his worried voice, the one I miss so much.

“I found my real Father.” I choke out.

“Oh my god..” was the only thing he could say, and to be honest, it was the exact thing I was thinking at the moment.

“I know,” I whispered.

“Does he know, that you know?”

“No, he's not here. It's his day off.”

“You need to talk to him Drew.”

I took another deep breath, “it's just, you'd think he tell me.”

“Maybe there is a reason he didn't.”

                                                                              * * *

I looked out the window, staring into the blank sky, that was dark and folded over with clouds. It's late out, and despite the events earlier, all the new known information. I am determined to have a good night. So, Jc, picked me up and we are going back to his house for some massive party. He say's, “it's the party of the year.” We'll have to see about that. I'm not about to get plastered drunk, but I need to get some things off my mind.