Chapter 35

(Thank you for 4k ily) 

~Jack's POV~

I groan, rolling over to face Jack, who was shaking me to wake up. I over slept, by a lot. I checked the clock, four in the afternoon. Fuck, how did I manage that? “I'm up okay,” I frown, rising to my feet. I grab a towel, heading for the bathroom.

A hot shower is the only thing I really have on my mind, well the only thing I could actually perform at the moment. The smoldering water runs down my body, mixing with soap. Memories from last week come to my mind.

The last time I saw Drew, it took every ounce of self control I had not to pin her up against that wall and show the whole damn world who makes her scream, moan, and writhe in pleasure. But sadly, I knew I couldn't do that, because if I did, I would never want to let go of her again.

It hurts, knowing the one thing in the world that I want and need, doesn't need or want me. She's all I had keeping me going at one point, the only person who I trusted. Now? It's all gone because I made all these stupid mistakes.

I wrap the towel around my waist, digging through my less than organized suitcase. I pull out clothes that make it look like I tried to be happy today. Although, the bags under my eye's say other wise. I didn't fall asleep until eight in the morning.

Last night, Jack thought it would be a good idea to get me drunk, and laid. But I took a glance at the girl he was trying to set me up with, and walked away. Sure, she was very pretty, but she wasn't Drew. And that is the only thing I need. I ended up back in my room, drinking away my sorrows alone, because that's what I deserve to be at the moment.

I step into a pair of shoes, drying my wet hair. Walking down to the venue of the hotel, seeing everyone getting ready for their meet and greets. “Bro, finally, we were getting worried.” Sam expressed, patting my back.

“Yeah, whatever.”

“Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed,” Cam commented.

“Shut the fuck up,” I spat.

“Still hate me, that's cool,” the damned idiot said, walking away from me. Every bone in my body ached to punch him as hard as I could, slamming the fucking smirk into the ground. Who the hell goes goes around kissing other people's girlfriends?

I don't know why I dislike him so much, when the torturous event happened over three months ago. We went through the routine, meet and greets, an hour break to eat, then the start of the show. Mahogany came by my side.

“There's been a slight change of plans, when Aaron and Carter you are switching spots with Jack and Jack,” she looked to Jack and I. “You two are closing the show tonight.”

“Why us?” Jack asked, giving her a questioning look. “We never close it?”

“Trust me, you'll want to tonight.” She said, before wandering off.

“Okay, whatever.” I huffed.

I watched from the side, as Nash and Cam did their thing. Making the crowd tonight go completely insane, like they always do. I sigh, remembering when Drew would be out there with them. Dancing, singing. She always did it so well, now, when we do the same thing, it feels empty as hell.  

The few hour affair goes over achingly slow, coming to the point where it isn't even fun anymore. I used to have the time of my life on stage, and lately it's been feeling more of a damn job, and not something I enjoy.

“Bro, lighten up, fans are noticing.” Jack whispered beside me.

We were about to close, I tried to lighten up. Really, I did, but it was useless because nothing could lighten my mood, besides the one thing in the world that makes me happy, her. Jack and I sing, going through Flights, then Distance. Like we always do.