Chapter 29

(The song in this is called Independence Day by 5sos.)

*O2L or Our 2nd Life are American youtubers. Member's consisting of Kian Lawley, Sam Pottorf, Ricky Dillon, Trevor Moran, Jc Caylen.

~Drew's POV~

The paper in front of me, was screaming, aching for me to write lyrics onto it. It was taunting me, knowing if I placed my pen on the paper, my emotions would go wild. And do things, write things that maybe I didn't mean, or contemplate things I didn't want too.

I've been in California, for the past week and a half. Writing, recording, shooting videos for my youtube channel. I have been extremely busy, and today I haven't had a day off since I got here. And Jessy, and the other managers want to channel my anger into song writing, the way I feel about Jack, other things. The other songs, I've written, are amazing, but wouldn't be the best to release as a first single. I need something better.

So I let it take me away, the pen, the paper. My emotions poured on to the single spaced lines. A few scribbles here and there. Taking a deep breath, analyzing my work. I walk across the hall, to where Jessy would be.

He looked at me, waiting, his lips forming a stern line. If I said he wasn't intimidating, I'd be lying. He is an older man, with kids grown and off in college somewhere. He's been working with LA Reid since 2011, when he was the CEO of Island Def Jams. Then he let go of that label, and put all of his time and work into Epic.

"You're telling me the same old story, that I need to change. If you're not living my life for me, you make it feel that way. You know, you know we're losing control. I got to break away, or nothing's going to change. You've got to go, it's the end of the road. No matter what you do or say. Baby you're not what I need. I'm over this, I'm over you. I'm not gonna waste my life away, this is my Independence Day." I sang, strumming my guitar.

His gray eye's went wide, and he started clapping. "Now that is a song, it's going to sell millions sweet heart. I know for sure, you're the next big thing. I was hesitant, but I now know LA made the right decision. Why don't you take the rest of the afternoon off. Get some rest, explore a little, do some shopping. We'll start recording that song tomorrow. You're going to want to call it Independence Day I presume?"

"Yeah, that sounds great. Thanks, a lot. Can't wait till tomorrow." I spoke, tired.

It was only 2 in the afternoon, but I've been up since 4 in the morning, and I'm going on two hours of sleep. Coffee, has been my saving grace. I take the elevator down to the parking garage, finding the sleek black Range Rover sport. Another present from the label, only this one, I love most of all.

Although, I have been itching to get myself a sports car. Soon, I think to myself. Once Independence Day comes out, and starts selling. I pull into Moes (burrito place) , I figure, I've haven't eaten since yesterday afternoon, due to stressing over this song. Some food is in order.

I walk in, the place almost vacant, except for a few people. I praise it, because lately, I've been running from more paparazzi than it's worth. LA says its good I am being featured in the media, but I think it's fucking creepy having dudes with camera's follow me.

When I get my burrito bowl, I sit down, tapping away at my phone. Texting Mahogany, who is more than sad about missing Preston. She hasn't seen him in a few weeks, it makes sense. She asked if I missed Jack, I said no. Which, is some what true. I miss the good memories with him, not the horrible ones.

But there is someone else I miss, Cam. I have been talking to him, strictly limited to text. No one can know what happened, or that we have been talking to each other day and night. It'd be weird, it's Nash's best friend, Mahogany's ex.