Chapter 34

~Drew's POV~

I turned over in the mattress, the light from the bay window sinking through the curtains. It was early, too early for my aching body to presume the day. I didn't want to get up, but my ringing phone sought otherwise. I reached for it, noticing I had almost twenty missed calls and texts, gasping, I answer the call. Jack Gilinsky. It read, but why would he be calling me at five am?

“Hello?” I mumble into the phone.

“Now you pick up! Drew, what the hell happened to you last night. I've been worried fucking sick all night.” He stammered, worked up, I could hear his deep breaths.

“What do you mean?”

“You called me, saying something about someone hurting you and touching you. Then you just hung up on me.”

Shit, I think to myself. I vaguely remember calling someone else last night, before I called Nik. Turn's out, it was Jack. In my drunken state, I even knew I somehow needed him. “I was at party, some things happened, but I got away. I was wandering the streets, and I must have called you for help. But don't worry about it, I'm fine.”

“How can I not worry Drew?” He asked, I could tell, but the tone of his voice. He was either scared, or angry with me. “I was five phone calls away from hoping on a damn plane. I've been trying to call you all damn night.”

“I know, I'm sorry.” I whispered, I felt small, and angry with my own self. “I'm fine, I promise. Nik, my security guard, picked me up and brought me home.”

“Your security guard? Why would he pick you up? A party isn't exactly an outing, interview, or performance.”

“Because he's my real Dad.” I murmured.

I felt the line, almost go dead, I could picture his reaction in my head. “What?” He asked, although it wasn't a question, because he the answer. “How?”

“Well you know the how. I figured it yesterday. I went into his apartment, the one of the backside of my property, and he had a picture with my Mom. He told me stories of this girl, who he fell in love with but then he had to go away. And I remember my Mom told me his name was Nikoli Smith. Well, Nik, is short for Nikoli.” I explained, realizing the whole story, sounded completely insane. But then again, is anything in my life sane? “And then he confirmed it.”

“I don't know what to say Drew.”

“Me either Jack, I guess though, I should thank you.” I sighed, “for still worrying about me.”

“I'll always worry. I love you Drew, that is the one thing that will never change.”

“I know,” I spoke, “can I ask you something?”

“Go ahead.”

“That day in the hospital, when Cam punched you, why didn't you fight back? I half expected you to lay him on his ass right there, but you didn't. You just took it and walked away.”

“I figured if I fought back, you'd be even more pissed at me. I didn't really want to take that chance. And you're right, I probably would have done that.” I could hear him chuckle.

“What about the alcohol? Do you still drink as much?” I ask, laying back in my bed, staring at the white ceiling. Counting the planks in the board.

“I try not to, but you know that's hard.” He sighed. “Any more questions?”

“Yep,” I laugh. “Hope you aren't doing anything.”

“I got all the time in the world.”

“Good, okay, so why were you insecure about losing me?” I ask.