Chapter 20

(Thank you so much for 1k. This story is no where near over, in fact, it's just getting started.)

 ~Drew's POV~

 I woke up, engulfed in Jack. His arms, legs, his body entangled in me. I wasn't complaining because, last night was so hectic, that I needed to be close to him. The events flash my mind, I didn't want to think about it, but I had to, because something about it reminded me of my childhood. George would come home, drunk, and do the same things.

 But this time, even though it was Rick, I had a hero, a savior. I took a deep breath, glancing at the clock. 9 in the morning, curse me for being an early riser. I slowly, slipped from Jack's grasp, he turned over, groaning in his sleep.

 I went to the kitchen, hopefully in some refuge of food. I saw Ana standing there, cracking eggs into a pan. “Want some sweetheart?” She asked.

 “Sure, thank you.”

 “No problem,” She turned, grabbing something to mix the eggs with, “I'm sorry about last night, truly. I didn't know he'd come home. I should have realized sooner, that I deserved better. Jack has been telling me for ages, but I never believed him. It took me witnessing last night to finally come to my senses.”

 “It's okay, honestly.”

“Are you hurt at all? How are you feeling? You took a pretty nasty fall last night?” She asked.

 “A little sore, nothing I haven't felt before.”

 “From your Dad?”

 I nodded, gulping down air. “It's not something I like to talk about.”

 “I understand, must have been traumatic. I can't begin to comprehend it, I am proud of you.”

 “Why are you proud of me?” I questioned.

 “You told someone, and that someone was my son. You two are a force to be reckoned with, nothing will tare you apart.”

I formed a small smile, “I hope so.”

She placed the eggs on a plate, motioning me to grab one. I did, sitting at the table, eating. She ate quick, before bidding a goodbye. She had to leave for work, I told her I'd clean up the kitchen. So I did, humming along to some music.

 I figured Jack wouldn't be up for some time. “Ah!” I almost yelled, as Sam Wilkinson walked in, going to the fridge.

 “Oh hey Drew.” He casually said.

 “Hi, what are you doing here? Don't you knock Sammy?”

 “I do, but I've known Jack for years, this is my second home.” He chuckled, “Jack still asleep?”

“Yeah.”

“Great, I'll wake him up.”

I frowned, as Sam walked off into the hallway. I washed my hands, finishing the dishes. They were talking about something, I didn't exactly care to eavesdrop at the moment. I scrolled through my phone, noticing the horrendous amount of texts from Aaron.

 He was pleading me to answer. Truth is, I didn't want too. I'm enjoying being away from all of the drama, the stress, I'm not going to let him ruin that for me. He knows I'm in Omaha, I wish he's just let me be.

 “See ya later Drew.” I heard Sam yell as he was leaving.

 “Later.”

 Emerging from his room, a very grumpy Jack. He's always looks the sexiest when he wakes up, his hair in different directions, usually shirtless, depending on the day. “It's too damn early.” He groaned.