Dreams of the damned

You almost stumble, having had a large and bulky quilt thrown in your direction. Jeff smirks at your attempt to stand upright and slowly makes his way past you, looking deep into your eyes. Almost like he was trying to figure something. Perhaps contemplating a part of himself. You hold the quilt close like a security blanket, still finding all this surreal and a little unnerving. It was amazing how quickly life could change, how fast freedom could be pulled from you. Just out of your reach. You sigh, setting the quilt down on the old tattered sofa. You note that it was still soft despite its good use.

" I'm off for now. Don't leave this place. It's dangerous outside " Maniacal laughter is followed by the light shutting of the back door. You lay your head gently on the arm of the sofa, trying to find a comfortable position for your neck. You eventually give up, finding the task to be futile as you toss and turn like it made some sort of difference. You close your eyes slowly, finding the silence in the room somewhat ominous. Drifting off you see nothing but darkness, expect for one white light shining in the distance. You begin to walk, calling out to whoever or whatever it was. Soft voices echo around you, bickering and hateful. You didn't want to try and hear what was being said, trying to block it out and focus on the task at hand. Coming closer you realise that the bright light was Jeff's hoodie. You sigh, almost happy to see the deranged man. Almost. You gently put your hand on his shoulder, knowing this to be a dream and that nothing of consequence could happen.

" Hey Jeff. Its ( Y/N ). Remember me?" Of course Jeff remembered you, you just saw him but, something in your heart was telling you to ask, almost begging. To your surprise the figure turns slowly around to face you, but the face you saw wasn't Jeff's. It was a woman also with long jet black hair. Her face was pristine, almost like a mannequin. Eyes like ink and lips of the same. Her lips never moved as she spoke.

" You want Jeff? Tough luck " The woman chuckles, holding a knife in her hand. You stutter, beginning to stumble and falling over nothing.

" Who are you?" The woman removes the hoodie, revealing her plain black dress. You could feel something from her, a sense of danger that made you nervous and made your soul shake. With a chuckle you receive your answer.

" I'm Jane. Let me free you from the killer's wrath " With a swing of Jane's knife you awake, sweat dripping from your brow and your heart thinking quickly. Killer's wrath? What could she mean and more importantly, who was she?