Getting out alive

You watch as Jeff fades into the darkness across from you, white quickly becoming black. You sigh, somewhat fed up with the killer's childish attitude. In the distance you hear a faint siren, becoming louder with every passing second. You begin to panic, realizing that your only way out would get you caught if you used it. You quickly make your way out of the bedroom, falling over your feet as you do. Maybe you could plead innocence. No, that wouldn't work. The knife in your hand and the blood on your clothes being a dead giveaway, a one way ticket to the gallows. If you were caught now then it was all over. You and Jeff would be separated, never to see each other again. Tears formed in your eyes as you stand up, mindlessly brushing the dust off yourself. Your breath halts as the door is harshly kicked open, the wood hitting the wall with a loud crash. 

" Police! " You wouldn't let yourself be caught, there must be another escape. Time was quickly running out for you and you had to think quick. Thoughts of escape didn't come however, no these thoughts were once again of Jeff's selfish actions. Had he left you here on purpose? Did he literally leave you for dead? You would be if you didn't escape. You quickly look around, hearing the footsteps of the officers close in. You see an open window. Perfect. Putting the knife between your teeth. you crawl out the window and onto the narrow balcony just out of the windows range of sight. Just as you make your escape the officers make their way to your previous location, proving how close time was and if you had waited but a mere second more you would have been caught. You begin to move slowly across the narrow ledge in an attempt to reach the nearby tree branch, stopping suddenly in your tracks as you see something from the corner of your eye. An officer was looking out of your exited point, the light from his torch illuminating his face. Your breath halts once more, your heart beating faster. You tightly shut your eyes, only opening them when you hear the officer walk away. Time was short now and you needed to be quick. You make your way swiftly down the tree and across the road to the hideout. You had narrowly escaped death, broken the law and was now a runaway. You liked the sound of that, it sent shivers up your spine.