Trail of blood

What should you do? Keep to yourself? Run home? Go after Jeff? So many possibilities and so little time to make a decision. You panic, running around in circles and holding your head as the thoughts began to make your head throb. Going home could endanger all you love, staying could endanger Jeff but leaving could endanger you both. At least you would be together, nothing else mattered and it was all you wanted. The feeling sprang into your heart again, causing you to jump slightly. A sense of dread. Without thinking you quickly make your way out of the back door and into the open. Not worrying about the noise that resonated behind you. You didn't care who heard, finding Jeff was all you cared about. Now shaken awake by the cold and unfeeling air you follow the trail of red liquid, step by step. Something didn't feel right, you were closing in on something or someone. The sound of your footsteps echoing around you, making you nervous. You look around quickly, seeing the trail end, a hooded man in the distance. You smile gently, seeing the man your heart desired.

" Jeff! " No response. You sigh and make your way quickly over to the man, trying your best not to trip over stumps and piles of leaves. You put your hand on the killer's shoulder, trying your best to catch your breath and steady your breathing. Blood spreads on your hands, the strong smell of iron drifting in the wind.

" Why? Why did you come after me?" You try to answer but are stopped, hearing a rustle in the bushes. Had you been spotted? You didn't want to take that chance. Being caught could mean you and Jeff being separated. You didn't know about the killer but it would break your heart and you didn't cope well with strong feelings such as that. You could barley hold onto your sanity, knowing that falling for the killer was an insane but not caring non the less. You just wanted to go home, cook some dinner and hide away from all those who may harm you both. You grab the killers shoulder and pull him back home, without him uttering a word. Perhaps something else was bubbling under the surface. You could feel something following you, a sense of foreboding. It was closing in, quickly. You approach the home, bringing Jeff back inside, ignoring the feeling. You could not ignore the dark figure you see from the corner of your eye but you had to. Jeff was in emotional pain and he needed taking care of.