Fading sanity

You finally come back to see the killer collapsed on the furniture, the blood seeping into the material and staining it the darkest crimson. The bandages you were holding were now rolling around the floor, having being dropped in shock. You knew that you should have known better then to leave Jeff in that position, another sign of your fading sanity. You were becoming more like the killer, his actions becoming infectious. Your sense of care was vanishing and no matter how much you tried to call it back to you it wasn't for returning. Did it all end here? Should you just leave while some sanity was still left? You stand to your feet and quickly make your way over to the back door. You had convinced yourself that you were going to get help but deep down you knew you were about to do something other. You would go home and try and forget about the murderer that held you captive, a sane option. You were no longer sane though, that part of you was dead and you now needed to killer to live on. You let go of the door handle, having been so close to freedom. You sigh gently knowing that you couldn't leave Jeff like this and make your way back over to him, picking up the bandages as you did. You take the killer in your arms, feeling how the blood loss had effected him, his skin was so cold. The coldness reminded you of a snow storm and you feel a small tear escape your eye. Jeff was slowly dying and it was all your fault, guilt overtaking you. Gentle sobs turn into wails of emotional agony, knowing that there was nothing you could do but hold Jeff close until his time came. You couldn't take him to a doctor, nor could you call one out. The house housed no medical supplies either. Time was quickly running out, the clock quickly counting down to the end of Jeff's life. Something had to be done, and soon. Laying Jeff gently on the stained sofa you make your way outside, against your better judgement of course. Someone around was sure to have medical supplies but darkness was beginning to settle.You didn't have time to explain either. 

You see a singular house in the distance, lights on in the front room. It was not the ideal location as the home wasn't vacant. There was only one thing you could do, the only quick option anyway. You slowly creep in through the unlocked back door and into the house. They say love makes you do stupid things and in this case you had been very stupid.