Black heart

You and Jeff never part, your arms still tightly around him. It was Liu's birthday. You remember reading from the reports that Jeff had a deep love for his older brother, something that could never be be measured or bought. You loved your family as much as he did but they were all still living. Jeff was a lone survivor. Trapped by the blackness in his heart and imprisoned by his insanity. Your thoughts were not longer occupied on escape, you just wanted to comfort the killer all you could, knowing deep down that he wasn't to blame for any of this. Not really. If your mind had been broken from insanity then how much could you be blamed for your actions? You hear a faint thump from the front door, you reluctantly let the killer go. The tears still streaming down his face, dropping around him and causing him to sob. You make your way to the front door, seeing a small envelope on the mat. Cautiously you pick it up, not knowing weather it should be opened as it was addressed to Liu. Against better judgement you rip open the envelope, seeing that Jeff was in no state to do so and you doubted he would want to be reminded that he brother was no longer around, all because of his actions. The sobs from the killer cease and he picks up his knife, trying to put up a front and not wanting to look weak. You knew better though. Behind that hard exterior was just a frightened child, stuck in his own sadness and something about that pulled at your heartstrings. 

" What is it? " You gently pass the envelope to the killer, not having looked inside and not wanting to invade the killer's privacy. The tears stream down Jeff's cheeks once more as you take note that in the envelope was a birthday care for Liu. It seemed that people cared about the young boy even in death, but who cared about Jeff? He may have his life but he didn't control it. His destructive urges did. Nobody wanted to know about the younger brother. He was a loose cannon, something to avoid. You didn't think so. Somebody had to care about Jeff and something deep inside you told you that you should. It was mixed with the feelings that you had felt on many occasions for the killer, the feeling that made your heart heavy and occasionally skip beats and speed up its pace. What was this you felt? You didn't know. All you knew as you watched the killer collapse into a mess on the floor was that you had to care for him, look after him. Like nothing else mattered.