Stepping out

The freakish clown finally descends from the pipe above, landing firmly on his feet and picking up his mallet with an incongruous grace. The sight once again set your heart on edge, not like it wasn't already beating like the speed of a knife slash. Quick and swift. Candypop towers over you, his pink eyes deep and full of emotion. You look deeper, finding the emotion to be sinister. A shiver shook your body, running down your spine like a nagging chill from cold air. You could tell from the clown's mischievous gaze that he was somewhat broken, not quite as sane as you first gave him credit for. You turn away from Candy, not wanting to meet his gaze. You knew it was foolish to turn your back on someone who relished in the fear of others but right now you had no choice. 

" Jason. I have him " You both watch as a pathway opens up for the two of you to your previous destination. Candypop's black lips curl into a smirk, bells ringing with every step he made. The sound of bells was enchanting to you. You fell under the spell of Jason's gaze more then once and you knew that you would have to be cautious to not fall under a spell from the noisy metal that adorned the evil clown. A faint chuckle breaks the silence from in front of you, watching carefully as Candy leans back unnaturally, his back arching till his head almost touched the floor. Your (E/C) eyes shrink in fear, never seeing such a trick even from a trained contortionist. 

" Let's start the countdown shall we? " You finally pay attention to Candy, sensing another plan to feed of your fear arising. The clown stands to attention, counting backwards from five. He counted slowly, his voice almost seeming to distort the closer he got to zero. You try to run, wishing for the somewhat normal embrace of the killer. He seemed normal compared to the toymaker and his friend and you wished for him to save you from this brightly colored hell. Something grips your hand, tightly. Your hand was in a proverbial headlock, unable to escape. You struggle. 

" Three, Two " You cry out for the killer. 

" One " Nothing happened. Just you and Candy remained. 

" Zero " You catch a quick glimpse of the blue clad clown's wide smirk and sharp teeth before you are thrown into the pathway, screaming at the top of your lungs. This time the path seemed longer and deeper then it had been previous. Your (H/C) swayed from side to side gracefully. Apart from the fear that spoke loudly from your almost blackened heart you hear a distant maniacal laughter. 

" Sorry! I needed a guinea pig and you were here so..." If you ever got your hands on Candy you were going to wring his neck, no matter how much it upset the toymaker.