A tender moment

It seemed like an eternity before you turned around, Jeff nowhere in sight. You had expected this, knowing that he had indeed left you to wallow in the only emotions you had left. The silence you stood in was eerie, setting you somewhat on edge. You yearned for the protection of the killer, his embrace. You didn't care what sort, anything would do. Even if it was just a grab of the wrist or something more, like the hug you had shared a little while ago, you didn't care. Just to be close, that was all you wanted. The mental cogs begin to turn, a sudden realization taking over you. This was what Jeff wanted, for you to be weak so you would rely on him for protection. You were a pawn after all, something to be moved around and placed on colored squares. Why Jeff wanted you alive you weren't sure off but there was a reason non the less. You wanted to find out, yearning to know the truth. You sigh deciding it best to retire and leave your questions for when morning broke. Your head hits the cushion softly, you begin to fall into slumber.Your (E/C) eyes rolling back into your head. Jeff had his escapes and you had yours. Sleep was your escape into normality, pushing the madness back even if for only a few hours. Your body begins to relax but suddenly tenses at the loud crash you hear from above you. Was Jeff hurt? You decide not to wait to find out. You bound up the old wooden stairs and into the killer's room, a sea of broken and empty beer bottles at your feet. You see the killer in a distant corner, huddled into a ball. You begin to wade through the sea of glass, your skin being cut with every step you took. You would endure anything for Jeff, be it pain or even death. He needed you, no matter how much he denied it. Reaching the killer showed you that he had tears streaming down his face, mixing with blood as they fell. You sit into the glass, once again ignoring any sense of pain. The killer meets your gaze, saying only one thing. 

" Where's my humanity? " His tone was soft and gentle, nothing like before. You pull the killer into a tight hug, smelling the alcohol on his clothes. It was a scent that lingered heavily, proving how much Jeff had indeed drank. He puts his arms around you and you feel something warm on your cheek. Jeff kissed your cheek softly, the drink causing him to have no shame in his actions. 

" Jack was right. Sorry (Y/N) " Jeff falls asleep in your arms, leaving you overjoyed. There you had it, the reason that you were still in this mortal realm. Your heart thumped quickly with excitement and you smile, holding the killer close and sighing softly. They say alcohol shows you the true nature of a human being. Jeff wasn't immune to this. He may have been a murderer but he was still human. Very human.