Chapter 3

Chapter Three

The Cullens

RPOV

I was pleasantly surprised to see that Carlisle drove a black Mercedes S55 AMG; I always wanted a car like that. Carlisle took my bag and put it in the back of the car, then opened the doors for Esme and me. I smiled as I slid into the car; the soft leather seats were very comfortable. I knew it was a long drive from Seattle to Forks, and I was getting a bit hungry, hopefully they would stop for lunch.

"I hope you don't mind Renesmee, but we are going to stop for lunch after we've been on the drive-on ferry," Esme said, turning in her seat to look at me. "I was hoping we would get to know you better during the drive."

"Sure, ask away," I shrugged. She was my mother now; I guess she has the right to get to know me better. "But I have a question for you." I heard Carlisle chuckle at this and Esme smiled.

"Ask me anything dear."

"Should I call you Esme, Mom or Aunt Esme?" Esme frowned and Carlisle laughed out loud.

"Call me Esme, or mom, whichever you prefer, and feel free to call Carlisle Carlisle or dad," she smiled. I guess I'll call them Esme and Carlisle, I'm not completely comfortable with the whole mom and dad thing.

"So Renesmee, do you have any hobbies?" Carlisle asked. Hobbies? I moved around so much I guess I didn't really have time for any those, although I do like reading.

"I like reading, mostly fiction, but I enjoy classics as well." Esme smiled brighter and excitement filled her eyes.

"You'll get along perfectly with Bella, she loves reading, and she is always looking for someone to go book shopping with her." Who is Bella? She must be one of the Cullen's adopted children. I didn't want to ask about her, since Esme wanted to know more about me. Eventually I would probably get to know all of the Cullen's.

"That sounds nice, I enjoy shopping." Esme squealed with excitement, hopping up and down in her seat.

"Alice is going to love you! She is always looking for someone to go shop with her, especially clothes shopping." I frowned, I wasn't that big on clothes shopping, I liked book shopping more. I'll let Alice take me shopping every now and then.

"What else can you tell us about you dear?"

"Well, my parents died in a car crash when I was two, I have been in foster care ever since. I like to play sports, especially basketball."

"I must say I'm not surprised you play basketball, you are quite tall," Carlisle chuckled. "All of our boys play football, but they do enjoy basketball. I think you will fit in well." So they had boys too. I wonder how many kids they adopted and why, but now was not the time for me to ask questions.

"I also like swimming, one of the foster homes I stayed in when I was little had a pool and I learned to swim there."

"We have a nice swimming pool at home, I hope you enjoy it." Esme smiled.

"Just be careful, Emmett likes to play practical jokes. One time when Edward got out of the pool he was completely blue," Carlisle chuckled. So they had two sons named Edward and Emmett and two daughters named Bella and Alice, quite a big family. I like it when they talk about their other children, their faces seem to light up. I hope they will talk about me that way someday.

"Don't worry, if he tries anything I intend to return the favor," I smiled a devious smile.

"Oh no not another prankster, I'm afraid we're not going to have a house left when you two are finished," Esme groaned but Carlisle just laughed.