Chapter 7

Chapter Seven

Asswipe

ALPOV

 Damn, I was so close to tasting those sweet lips, the lips of this amazingly beautiful creature that stood before me. Her bronze ringlets hung just below her waist and her chocolate brown eyes that glared at me moments ago enchanted me.                                                                                                                                    

She was putty in my hands; I could feel her body melting into mine, electricity sparked every time I touched her, I was so close to kissing her……..                                                                                                                    

Until…

“Renesmee where are you?” Bella Cullen called. Oh shit, if Bella found me here I would be dead, if any of the other Cullens found me here I would deader than dead. I quickly pulled away from the girl, my only thought being to get away as fast as possible.                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

“Asswipe,” I heard her mumble as I walked away. She was right, I was a total douche bag, but I preferred it that way. I quickly ran out of the shop, hurrying to my car. I saw Emmett’s Jeep parked across the lot and broke out into a sprint. If Emmett found me here he would torture me before he killed me. I jumped into my, I am surprised the Cullens didn’t notice my car; after all it was a bit flashy. I can’t even remember why I was here; as soon as I saw her I had forgotten everything.        I admit I was a total dick to her, but I could see it in her eyes, she wanted me, almost as much as I wanted her.                                                                                                                                                                            

I turned up the radio before I took off, I liked music, and it distracted me. I felt underneath my seat and pulled out a Heuwels Fantasties CD. They are this wicked South African band I discovered on one of our family vacations there. I didn’t understand a word they said since it was all in Afrikaans, but that didn’t bother me. I liked their sound, one day I was going to find out what their lyrics meant.  I quickly put the CD in and my favorite song came on; Modus Operandi.                                                                                                    

I laughed, it was very ironic. Modus Operandi, or MO, is the term used to describe someone’s habits or manner of working. You could say that it was my MO to seduce beautiful girls; it was part of my rebellious nature, and nothing was stopping me from getting that bronze haired girl.

Aside from the fact that I don’t know her name. It was a minor detail, as long as she knew my name, for obvious reasons.                                                                                                                                                                          

As I pulled into our driveway, I spotted Jane and Felix sitting on the porch of our old Victorian styled house. I rolled my eyes; I could clearly see that Jane was mad. Her little hands were balled into fists and there was a frown on her face.  She attacked me the moment I got out of the car.

“Where were you Alec?” she asked in a childlike voice.

“None of your business Jane,” I mumbled.

“It is my business little brother, I am supposed to be looking after you,” she whined. I sighed and walked into the house, Jane on my heels. I was only three minutes younger than she was. We were twins, but neither the outside nor the inside looked the same. I had brown hair and brown eyes, while Jane had blonde hair and light blue eyes. We did have the same nose though, and sometimes Jane and I could understand each other without talking. Felix called it our twin witch telepathy. Yeah right.

“I can take care of myself Jane,” I snapped. She was so overprotective. Ever since I came back from boarding school in England the entire family had been on my case. They acted like I was some nut job who needed babysitting twenty four hours a day. I wasn’t even allowed to go to the toilet alone.

“Mom and dad said we have to take care of you, Alec.”

“I don’t want you to take care of me Jane!” I yelled, losing my temper. “I am a kid anymore Jane!” I stormed up the stairs, leaving Jane in the entrance. I slammed my bedroom door and fell on the bed. Why couldn’t they just leave me alone? I was thrilled when mom and dad suggested boarding school; they finally provided an escape from this horrible place. I hated Forks with a passion, after the accident everyone treated me like I was someone who had just committed murder and was being set free, especially the Cullens. They treated me like filth, no wait they treated filth better than they treated me. I was Alec Brigham, the rebel, the black sheep, in the Brigham family. I think mom and dad was relieved when I left, they didn’t have to deal with me, being a ‘danger’ to society and all that.                                                         

I pushed myself off the bed and opened my window; I quickly climbed out and onto the roof. It was like my secret place, no one knew about it. I pulled a cigarette out of my pocket and lit it. Smoking was something I picked up at boarding school; I figured that if I was going to be the rebel, I might as well pull out all the stops.

“Hey bro,” Felix grinned, leaning out of my window. He raised an eyebrow at me smoking, but said nothing.

“What do you want Felix,” I asked irritated. How did he know where I was?

“I saw you up here the other night,” he said, reading my mind. He quickly climbed out the window and sat next to me. “So you’re smoking now?”

  “Yeah, don’t tell anyone, it would ruin my good reputation,” I said, my voice dripping with sarcasm. Felix rolled his eyes and smirked.

“We wouldn’t want that now do we,” he said. I shook my head and we sat in silence for a while, I knew why he was here, I wish he would just cut to the chase.

“Why are you here Felix?” I finally asked.

“Look bro, I know you are going through a lot right now, but don’t take it out on Jane.” I snorted, he didn’t need to stand up for Jane, and the girl was perfectly capable of killing me if she wanted to. “I'm serious dude that was my girlfriend you were yelling at a few minutes ago.”  Our family was kinda like the Cullens; our parents couldn’t have kids, so they adopted us. Jane and I got adopted when we were four, and then mom and dad adopted Felix and Demitri when we were all seven. When we were thirteen they adopted Heidi, who was twelve at the time. Demitri and Heidi were dating and so were Jane and Felix.

“I'm sorry bro, it won’t happen again,” I said, mostly because I just wanted him to leave. Felix smiled brightly and stood up.

“Mom and dad will be home any second, they have something important to tell you.” Oh wonderful, they were probably sending me farther away this time. Maybe they would send me to Africa this time. I'm sure a nice deserted place would be perfect. At least there I could smoke in peace.

“Alright, but can I at least finish this?” I asked as I held up the cigarette. Felix just nodded before he climbed back through the window.

Finally some peace.