Chapter 9

Chapter 9

School

EDWARD POV

Oh fuck my head. Did I pass out on the washing machine again? Oh wait; it’s the dryer this time.

EMMETT POV

Why am I dressed in a tutu? Oh my head, oh my eyes, oh my fingers? Wait why is my fingers sore? 

BELLA POV

Oh. Fuck. I. Made. Out. With. Alec. Edward is going to murder me. What was he even doing here?  

ROSALIE POV

Why am I on the kitchen counter? And why am I surrounded in a castle made out of beer bottles?

ALICE POV

Better go dig up some shades for everyone to wear.

JASPER POV

Why am I in the pool? AGAIN??

RPOV

Oh my head hurts, why is the room spinning?

******

Oh my fucking head, I mentally groaned. I was sitting in the front seat of Edward’s Volvo, ready to go to school. I was driving with Edward and Bella, and the rest of them were driving in Rosalie’s red BMW. Both Edward and Bella were wearing sunglasses when they climbed in the car. Alice gave me a pair this morning, not that it helped in any way.

“Coffee,” Edward grumbled, handing me a cup.

“Thanks,” I grumbled back. It was going to be a very long day.

The ride to school was silent, no one dared to talk, our heads hurt too much. Thanks goodness it was raining; bright light and hangovers do not go well together. We pulled into the school parking lot, Rosalie right behind us. The school looked like a collection of matching houses built with maroon coloured bricks.  It didn’t look like a school at all, where was the metal detectors and electric fences? I climbed out of the car, looking around. Most of the cars in the parking lot were old Chevy’s and Ford’s; our cars were by far the most expensive.

“Come on, let’s go get your schedule,” Bella said, dragging me to a building with a sign that read Front Office. The office was cozy and warmwith a few padded chairs in the corner and plants everywhere, as if there wasn’t enough greenery outside. The office was cut in half by a long counter, cluttered with papers and brightly coloured flyers. The woman behind the desk smiled as we approached, she had long red hair and glasses that sat on her nose.

“Hello Bella,” she greeted her. Bella nodded, unable to say anything because of the hangover. The woman behind the desk didn’t say anything about us wearing sunglasses inside, she acted like she was used to it. “You must be the new Cullen girl?”

“Renesmee,” I said. She nodded and began typing on her computer. A few minutes later she handed me a stack of papers.

“That is your schedule and a map of the school. You have to get this slip signed by all your teachers,” she said pointing to a piece of pink paper. I nodded as Bella began pulling me to the door. “Enjoy your fist day at Forks High.”

******

“Hey Renesmee,” Alice greeted me as I walked up to her. Bella left me to find my locker and told me she would see me at lunch. I guess we don’t have the same classes.

“Hey, can you help me find my locker?” I asked, handing Alice my papers. She looked at them and squealed.

“You have the locker next to me! Yay! We’re locker neighbors!” I smiled and opened the locker, stuffing all the papers into it and hanging up my coat, it was surprisingly warm in the school. I looked at my schedule, groaning mentally when I saw what I had for first period.

Schedule of R.C. Cullen

P.E

Physics

Biology

Lunch

English

Mathematics

Chemistry

At least my last class wasn’t so bad, although I could do without the P.E. Here in Forks P.E was mandatory for two years, goody. I shut my locker and made my way over to Block 5 where the gym was. This was going to be torture.

ALPOV

Forks High hadn’t changed a bit. I parked my Lamborghini next to Rosalie’s red convertible, I considered scratching the car, but it wasn’t worth it. I walked to the Office; it was just the same as always, plants everywhere and those ridicules orange chairs in the corner. I smiled at the red haired woman behind the counter, I think her is Anna or something, I can’t remember.

“Alec Brigham,” I said. She stared at me for a moment, and then a spark of recognition flashed in her eyes. Good she remembered me, hopefully the rest of the school will as well. She quietly printed out my schedule and handed it to me without a word. She was scared of me, good. I smirked as I walked out of the office and down the hall. Some kids recognized me, while others just stared at me with a blank expression on their faces. I found my locker and threw my papers inside, quickly memorizing my schedule.

Schedule of A. Brigham

 P.E

English

Economics

Lucnch

Biology

Art

Literature 

Who in their right mind decided that I should have P.E the first period? I hate this school. I slammed my locker almost bumping into someone.

“Watch it asshole,” she grumbled. She pushed her raven black hair away from her face and glared at me with bright blue eyes. She was dressed in torn black jeans and a black tank top that barely covered everything along with 5 inch heels. To other guys she might seem sexy, mysterious, hot or just downright scary, but to me she was something else entirely.

“Luce?” she narrowed her eyes at me before throwing her arms around my neck.

“Alec I can’t believe you’re back you dick why didn’t you tell me?” I hugged her back as tightly as I could. Luce has been my best friend ever since we got detention for stealing cookies back in pre-k. She let go of me and stepped back, then she slapped me.   

“Ouch, what was that for you bitch?” I rubbed my cheek.

“Leaving without saying goodbye,” she sneered. I laughed and hugged her again. I was so glad to see her; she was my partner in crime, my right hand girl. With Luce here things might not be so bad; she was crazy, funny and spunky. This was going to be an awesome year.

“Sorry babe, desperate times, desperate measures.” She rolled her eyes and I threw my arm over her shoulder. She was a whole head shorter than me.  “So tell me shorty, what have you been up to?” she smiled one of her rare devious smiles and winked at me. 

“Just breaking hearts from here to Seattle, with the occasional wild party and some vodka.” Luce’s parents were constantly abroad, leaving her home alone with their black American Express credit card. She was a regular wild child, but that’s why I love her. “What have you been up to?”

“The usual, smoking, drinking, partying and hijacking hearts.” She smiled proudly at me.

“Welcome to the dark side, Alec,” she grinned. “We have cookies.”