Chapter 1

I want to know you in ways that you don't even know yourself.
MAIA

"Can you be my girlfriend, for the rest of our stay here in Coron?" Bahagya akong nabingi sa sinabi nya at napipi sa kung anong isasagot sakanya.

We were still looking at each other. Anong trip neto. Seryoso ba talaga to? He was patiently waiting for my answer, still wearing that big smile on his face. I was about to answer him, when my phone rang. I stood up to answer the call, it was Mom - ringtone pa lang, alam ko na.

"Isabel Beatriz, where are you?" Mom said in a very calm voice.

"Hello Mom, I am here in Coron."

"You're in Coron?" shocked evident on her voice.

"I am sorry Mom, I wasn't able to make paalam to you and Dad. Biglaan lang po. Don't worry, I finished my reports and signed the documents before I left naman." I said with my lambing voice.

"Hay naku Princess, you can tell us naman about your vacation, di ka naman namin pipigilan."

Okay I won, she's not mad. "I'm sorry po."

"No worries baby girl, I'll take over your place muna," Mom said. I'm so lucky to have a very understanding mother.

"Thank you Mommy, I'll buy you pasalubong na lang and make bawi pagbalik ko. I'll be home on Saturday." I said while giggling.

"Okay baby girl, enjoy." I was about to end the call but Mom spoke again, "Your bestfriend was looking for you nga pala, I always got text messages and phone calls since last week, hinahanap ka nya. Bumisita pa sya kagabi dito sa bahay since di ka daw nya maabutan sa condo mo." She said, I knew in the tone of her voice that she was a little bit worried. "Magkaaway ba kayo?" I laughed, a fake one.

"Si Mommy issue. Mom, I need to drop the call na ah, I love you."

Before I ended the call, she said "I love you, too." Mahirap na, baka kung ano pa masabi ni Mommy.

I went back to the sofa, nandun pa din sya, but his eyes were closed. I sat next to him and stared into his face. Ang ganda talaga ng mga mata nya, and his nose, it's kinda matangos, ang manly ng built ng jawline nya and his features, para syang athlete sa katawan nya. "Pogi ko talaga noh?" He said, slowly opening his eyes and started laughing. I felt heat on my cheeks, for sure I was wearing natural blush on ngayon. Arg nahuli ka na naman Bea.

"You wish," that was the only thing I said, nahihiya na kasi ako.

He stopped laughing but still smiling, I felt like he was a bit nervous, "Bea, about —," I cut him off.

"Thirdy, about your question earlier, G ako." I saw confusion on his face. I spoke again, smiling, "Go ako sa plan mo, but I just want to make it clear muna ah, single ka ba? Baka mamaya may biglang sumabunot sa akin."

I saw a wide smile on his face and stars on his eyes. "Yeah, 100 percent single, Babe." And he started laughing.