Chapter 17

If two people can't stay away from each other, maybe they aren't meant to be apart.
J.B.

"Ate Bea, wait for me here. I'll just buy our tickets lang and popcorn. Upo ka lang jan ah." Dani said while helping me to sit on the chair.

"Are you sure kaya mo na? I can come with you naman." I said while holding her hand.

"Ay naku Ate, lagot ako kay Kuya. Sabi ko hindi kita papagurin." She said while wiggling her eyebrows. "We only have 30 minutes before the run of the movie. Bibilisan ko lang Ate. Bye." Dani waved her hand and ran to the ticket booth.

Dani was really a carbon copy of Thirdy, they look like a twin. I cannot believe it that I was having a date with my boyfriend's sister. The very first time I met Dani, I thought that she would never like me. She even throw death glare at me. But everything changed when his Kuya introduced us with each other. She became soft, sweet and loving little sister to me.

I smiled as I remember what happened last night.

***Flashback

"And it's nice to meet you again, Thirdy."

I rolled my eyes as I heard her voice, I was so sure, it was Jules. He even touched Thirdy's arm but the latter just shook his head. At talagang harap harapan ah. So I leaned my head on Thirdy's shoulder and pinched his arm lightly.

"Ouch." He winced in pain.

"Oh Kuya, what happened? Bakit parang nangingiwi ka ata jan?" Dani asked.

"Ah wala naman Dani. May malaking lamok lang na kumagat sa akin." Thirdy said while rubbing his arm. I secretly smiled and rolled my eyes. Buti nga sayo.

"Mag off lotion ka kasi next time. Oh sya mga Kuya at Ate, balik na kami sa table namin." Dani said but Jules intervened.

"Dans, here na lang kaya tayo. Let's join them na lang sa game nila."

"Sorry Jules, pero bonding time kasi ng magjojowa jan. So, balik na tayo sa table natin." Dani explained, natawa na lang ako para kay Jules.

The group left us and we continued our game. Manong and Ate Ly kept on winning the game. Luckily, sinasalo lahat ni Thirdy lahat ng powder na dapat para sa akin. His face looks like a big espasol na.

We've been playing for an hour, cheering and booing each other. My throat felt so dry and I was thirsty, so I stood up to get some water on the dispenser near Coron girls table. I had no choice but to pass through them and I heard Jules talking to Dani.

"So Dani, I guess you would like me to be your Kuya Thirdy's girlfriend, rather than that girl." She even laughed after her statement. I raised one of my eyebrow and gulp the water in one go. Naiinis na ko sa babaeng to. But I was afraid on Dani's answer so I walked fast para makabalik na sa pwesto namin. Unfortunately, Dani grabbed my wrist gently.

"Jules, I would like to formally introduce to you, Kuya Thirdy's girlfriend, Isabel Beatriz Paras de Leon. So don't call her "that girl" kasi may pangalan sya." I was stupefied the way Dani speak.

"And to answer your question, it is a big no. Oh come on Jules, if you wanna be bitchy, not my Kuya, please. I hope you can respect their relationship. We are friends, but I really don't mind kung mag friendship over tayo. So ngayon pa lang, you better revere my Ate Bea and magising ka na sa katotohanan." Dani said firmly.