Chapter 14

Home, I've found, is not a place. It is carried with me everywhere -
my suitcase full of hearts and moments and warmth.
Leeza Jayde

Putangina. I cursed.

"Daddy Thirds." The kid was jumping while still hugging my boyfriends knee. Excitement evident on kiddo's body language. Based on his feature, I guess he was just 4 years old.

Thirdy bended his knee and hugged the little boy. "Hi Miggy. What are you doing here? Who's with you?" Oh Miggy huh.

But before the little boy could speak, a woman grabbed his arm. "Miggy nandito ka lang pala. Ahhh hello po Sir Thirdy, nandito na po pala kayo." The woman said.

"Napaaga lang, kakain muna kami. Then I'll meet the family later, pupuntahan na lang namin kayo. Pakibantayan si Miggy ah." Oh Gosh, so Thirdy will introduce me to the mother or as I've heard, family of his child. Oh oh, this can't be. Mas lalong nanghina ang tuhod ko, dahil na din siguro sa gutom at mas lalo sa narinig ko.

"Opo, Sir. Alis na din kami." The woman said and gave me a small smile, acknowledging my presence. Why he didn't tell me ahead of time. Oh oh, Beatriz, this is also your fault. He might be single, but then, a single father as well.

"Bye Daddy." Miggy waved as he walk away from us.

Thirdy held my hand and we entered the restaurant. I was so lost, too tired to ask questions and argue with him. Gustong gusto ko magsalita pero naubos na ata lahat ng natitira kong lakas sa katawan.

I lazily sat on the couch beside me. He started grilling our food and prepared the side dishes. Why it seems like everything is okay with you huh? I am not good Thirdy. This is not good. Hindi madali para sa akin tanggapin iyon.

"Babe." He broke the silence between us. I just stared at him with blank face. "Kanina ka pa tahimik jan." He said while wrapping the samgyeopsal with lettuce. He offered the food to me, "Open your mouth Baby." I just shook my head, still emotionless. I saw him with a small smile on his face then said, "Baby, eat na please. Diba kanina ka pa gutom?" He was like talking to a baby. Sanay na sanay ah.

"Busog pa ko." I said firmly.

He puts down the food, came close to me and gave me a sidehug. "Baby, talk to me please. What are you thinking? You can tell me." He said and gave me a soft kiss on my temple. Shocks Thirdy, wag mo kong daanin sa paganyan mo. Naguguluhan pa din ako. "Okay Babe, if it's about Miggy, I am sorry. But please, trust me Baby. I won't do anything that would hurt you." I stared at him and he gave me an assuring smile. With his words, I became soft and unconsciously nodded. "Say ahhh Baby, I'll feed you na lang. Para makakain ka." I slowly opened my mouth and he carefully fed me the lettuce wrapped samgyeopsal.

We spent a couple of hours in the resto. All the time, sinusubuan nya lang ako ng food. Thirdy was really trying his best to be as casual as possible. He casually started a conversation but I just gave him a yes or no or maybe answers.

"Babe, are you good na? We're gonna go somewhere pa kasi. May ipapakilala sana ako sayo." I wanted to say no to him, pero hindi ko nagawa. I tried my very best to composed myself, so I slowly nodded and gave him a small smile.

Thirdy and I went out of the resto hand in hand. Walang nagsasalita sa aming dalawa, ni hindi ko tinanong kung saan kami pupunta. We were just walking across the street and stopped infront of the McDonalds.