Chapter 24

Those who show us the magic of being human, are the most important creatures of us all.
Gareth Egan

I was leaning on my headboard while hugging my pillow when I heard soft knocks on the door. It slowly opens and Mom came in with a tray of food.

"Good morning my princess." Mom greeted me and placed the bed tray on top of my legs. She gave me a kiss on my temple and rubbed my tummy. "Good morning to you, too, little one."

I half smiled. "Morning Mom." She started stirring the creamy chicken sopas and offered me the spoon with macaroni. "Mom, para naman akong baby nyan. Kaya ko na po."

But knowing Mommy, you will never win over her pag gusto nyang maglambing. So I opened my mouth and accept it. "Very good, anak. You're still my baby girl pa din kaya." She even winked.

Mom continued to feed me with soup and bread alternately. The bowl was almost empty when we heard couple of knocks on the door. Yaya entered carrying a posy of white roses with smile on her face. I nodded at her and pointed the coffee table. She carefully placed the bouquet on top of other bunches of flowers and immediately left the room.

I just let out a sigh. "Anak?" Mom caught my attention and showed me her sweetest smile. "Okay ka lang ba?"

It took me a few seconds before I shook my head. Mom was just looking at me waiting for me to speak. "It's been a week Mom, namimiss ko na sya." I murmured.

"Why not talk to him na anak? Bumibisita naman sya everyday, ikaw lang tong ayaw harapin sya." Mom on her ever malambing voice.

My eyes became watery. "Mom, nahihiya po ako sakanya." Mommy extended her arm and gave me a side hug. "After what I did, he still continue to send me flowers and other stuffs, every single day. Bakit walang nagbago?" My voice cracked and burst into tears.

"What's wrong with that princess?" She caressed my face and wiped those falling tears. "Anak, sa pagkakaalam ko boyfriend mo pa din naman si Thirdy diba? It's just that, you did not accept his proposal." I cried even more.

No. I'm sorry. My voice still echoes in my head and his crestfallen face was clearly registered in my mind. What have you done Beatriz? You hurt Thirdy, you hurt the man that you love.

"Anak, I'm here for you. Sabihin mo naman kay Mommy ano bang iniisip mo."

"Mom, I'm sorry. I am too coward, too scared to level up our relationship." I whispered, my shoulders were shaking and tears were streaming down to my wet cheeks.

"My princess, sa ngayon I will allow you to cry. Iiyak mo lang yan. Pero sana ngayon lang ito, hindi makakabuti para kay baby ang pag iyak mo." I wrapped my arms around Mom's waist and buried my face on her chest. Hinayaan lang ako ni Mommy umiyak.

"Mom." I said in between my sobs. "When Dad asked you to marry him, pumayag ka ba agad?"

Mom held my chin and looked at me with so much sparkles in her eyes. "Yes, baby girl. Without hesitation, I gave him my yes." She showed me her genuine smile. "Kasi anak, the very first day that he became my boyfriend, I already know and see my future with him."

"Hindi ka natakot Mommy?"

She shook her head slowly. "Hindi princess. Matapang ang Mommy mo eh." Mom laughed a little, at napangiti naman ako. "Pero alam ko sa sarili ko na hindi sya magiging madali, anak. But I took it anyway. Kasi alam kong hindi ko haharapin mag isa ang mga magiging pagsubok namin sa buhay, hindi ako natatakot dahil alam kong kasama ko ang Daddy mo." Mommy kissed my temple. "Saan ka ba natatakot?"