Chapter 18

Even in the sad days of an old summer, I will know how to smile.
While walking barefoot in the sand by the sea, I will let the breeze make way to the new beginning.
And when I don't have these things to remember the warmth,
I will be at peace
in the circle of your arms.
Avinash

I wrapped my arms around her and she was comfortably leaning on my chest. I closed my eyes for a moment and tried to remember every details that I could. Bea was waiting for me to start my story, she was just caressing my arms gently.

I let out a sigh as I open my eyes. I kissed her hair before I speak.

"It was summer vacation and we were in Boracay. I was just 4 that time but I can still remember what happened back then." I paused for a second. "Babe, will you be mad at me if I tell you that I met my puppy love there?"

I heard her giggle. "Ofcourse not Babe. That was in the past. But—" She slapped my arm, "you are malandi ah. 4 ka pa lang may puppy love ka na."

I laughed a little. "I am sorry Babe, charming kasi boyfriend mo simula bata pa lang." I tried my best to make this conversation as light as possible.

"Okay." She dismissed the topic. "Please continue Babe."

I hugged her tightly. "It was me and Yaya Nors having our morning walk in the seashore when we bumped into someone I cannot remember the name. She was Yaya's acquaintance, and she was with her alaga, too. Nagsimula na silang magkwentuhan while me and the baby girl were hiding behind our Yaya's. We oftenly caught glancing to each other."

***Flashback

"Nakalimutan na ata tayo ng mga Yaya natin." I mouthed while scratching my head.

"I think so." The little girl said and smile shyly.

"Since they are busy naman, do you want to play with me?" I saw a frown of disapproval on her face. "Okay lang naman kung ayaw mo, nagtatanong lang naman ako." I said on a very calm but sad voice.

I saw her face with a small smile. "No, it's okay. Let's play na lang. Mukhang matatagalan pa ang mga Yaya natin sa pagkukwentuhan eh." She said and grabbed my hand.

"Yaya, gagawa lang kami ng castle." She shouted as she pulled me to run.

Naupo kami sa may buhangin malapit sa dagat at nagsimulang bumuo ng kastilyo. She was smiling from ear to ear while gathering the sands. I stared at her for a moment, memorizing every angle of her angelic face. But something hit my head and it was a ball of sand. Ang pretty nya pero salbahe naman pala.

"Sabi ko, let's build castle. Pero bakit wala kang ginagawa jan." She said on her sungit face.

"Bakit mo ko binato?" I said and started forming a ball of sand. I threw it to her and it hits her body. Her swimwear was full of sands.

"Ahhh gusto mo pala bato ng sands ah, eto sayo." She tossed another ball of sands and it hits my body, too.

I lobbed an orb of sands for the second time around and regrettably thump her face.

"Ouch." She rubbed her eyes. "Napuwing ako. Sakit ng eyes ko."

I panicked and hurriedly went near her. I took off my tshirt and use the back of it to wipe her face. "Sorry." Iminulat ko ang kanang mata nya at hinipan, ganoon din ang ginawa ko sa kaliwang mata nya. "Sorry, sorry."