Chapter 30

It's you.
It always has been and will always be.
I love you.
And there will never be another because
there never was.
r.m.drake

"It's you." She said, almost a whisper.

She looked at me, her face expressed puzzlement. "Paano?"

***Flashback

"Have a seat hijo." I obliged as sweats dripping down my forehead. Kaya mo yan Thirdy.

"Tito, Tita, thank you for welcoming me kahit late na po." I started and the couple just nodded, smiling.

"We just got home hijo, it's fine." Tita Det said. "So what brings you here, nag away ba kayo ni Bea?" Concern evident to her face.

I slowly shook my head and took a deep breath. "We're good po. But I rushed her to the hospital earlier, she passed out." The couple became uneasy but no one dared to talk. So I continued. "Actually, she's still in the hospital. Binabantayan po sya ni Jho at Nico."

"What happened to Bea, hijo?" Tito Elmer asked.

"The laboratory tests are okay naman po." I answered shortly, kumalma na ang mag asawa. "But I have something to tell you po, Tito and Tita."

"Go on, Thirdy. Makikinig kami." Tita Det even gestured her hand.

I let out a long sigh. This is it, be brave Thirdy. "Tito Elmer, Tita Det, I'm sorry to disappoint the both of you po. But Bea and I..." I paused for a second. "We'll be having a baby na po."

They were just staring at me blankly. Gusto ko pa sanang magsalita at mag explain, pero umurong ata ang dila ko.

I looked at Tita Det and tears were falling to her cheeks. She was sobbing and I felt so guilty. "I'm sorry Tita."

"Don't call me Tita." Nadurog ang puso ko, I flunk their trust. And my eyes became watery.

"Sorry po." I murmured under my breath.

"From now on, call me Mommy." She smiled while wiping her tears. "Magiging lola na ako." Bahagya akong napangiti.

"Thirdy." My smile vanished when Tito Elmer mentioned my name. I looked at his poker face, halos sumabog puso ko sa kaba. "What's your plan?"

"Pananagutan ko po si Bea. And I would like to ask for your daughter's hand, Tito, Tita. I will marry, Bea. Not because I got her pregnant, but because I love her and I want to spend the rest of my life with her." I answered politely.

"Good." Mr. De Leon finally smiled. "Welcome to the family, hijo." I was in happy tears. They are not mad.

"Ano yung narinig ko?" Sabay sabay kaming napalingon.

"You're gonna be a Tito na, Loel." Tita Det announced.

"For real? Naunahan nyo pa ako ah." Natatawang sabi nya. He offered his fist for a bump. "Well, Congratulations brodie! Where's Bea?"

"Nasa hospital pa Kuya, nagpapahinga."

"So ikaw lang nagpunta mag isa dito? Ang tapang ah." Kuya Loel said, amused.