Chapter 15

And I pray that at least once in your life, you meet someone who has the strenght to love you just as much as you love them.
Ruby Dhal

It was Sunday morning and I was driving this early to Batangas. Today, I will meet Bea's second family, the Maraguinots.

Bea was peacefully sleeping at the shotgun seat while hugging my porky pillow. I cannot help myself glancing at her angelic face every now and then, I wonder how I got to be so damn lucky.

"Babe, eyes on the road." Bea said on her husky voice, eyes were still closed. I shook my head while smiling. Nahuli ako. She gently rubbed her temple and slowly revealing her brown eyes.

"Good morning beautiful." I greeted her and reached for her cheek to give her a kiss.

"Babe, don't be maharot. Focus on driving." She said while laughing. "By the way, good morning handsome." Then she winked and I was shocked when she stole a kiss on my cheek.

"Baby, bakit ka naman nanggugulat? Huwag daw maharot pero kiniss naman ako sa cheek." I said while caressing my cheek.

"Ayaw mo ba Babe?" She said sabay pout. She is really cute. Ang sarap asarin.

"Oo Babe, ayoko. Bawiin mo dali. Kuhain mo ulit yung kiss." I said while wiggling my eyebrows and pointing my cheek.

She punched my arm lightly. "You're lucky, you're driving. Kundi nabugbog na kita. Bahala ka. Iniinis mo ko ah. Hindi na talaga kita ikikiss at hindi mo ako pwede ikiss. That's your punishment."

"Baby, that was a joke lang. Sobra naman yung punishment ko." I tried my very best to sound nakakaawa.

"Let me think of it muna." She said while holding her chin, as if she's thinking. "For now, turn right then you'll see a modernized wooden gate, stop there." She gestured the direction.

The gate immediately opened by the helpers and they greeted us as we entered the Maraguinot's yard. As I turned off the engine, I hurriedly got off the car and open the door for Bea. She smiled playfully at nakataas ang isang kilay nya. She even rolled her eyes to me. Patay na, nagmamaldita ang girlfriend ko. I got the cake that we bought for the family at the backseat and ran after her because she was patiently waiting for me at the front door.

"Bagal talaga." She said but still clung her arm to me. Konting lambing lang to later.

"Sorry Baby." I said as we entered the mansion.

I was really amazed on the interior of the house. Plain white walls, wooden furnitures and stairs, abstract paintings and plants, what an earthy motif.

"Mama, Papa." Bea said on a not so loud voice. We heard footsteps from the stairs and we waited for them to go down.

"Ang aga aga, ang ingay." Jho said while laughing. She offered her cheek to me and Bea for a beso.

"Sorry naman Beh, wala kasing tao." Bea said, she was laughing too.

"Ate Bea. You're here na." We heard a loud voice, after a few seconds, a young girl appeared and she pulled Bea for a hug. She must be the youngest Maraguinot.

"Jaja, namiss kita." Bea said as they broke their hug. She immediately held my hand, napatingin naman si Jaja sa akin.

"Ooops, sorry Ate. May bisita pala tayo." The young girl said.