Chapter 29

You. The one I desire.
You. The one I call my own.
You. The one who feels like home.
It's you.
B.

I still remember the first time his hand held mine. It was awkward because I was holding hanky back then, but in all honesty, I felt a little static. Is that what they called spark?

I slowly glanced at our intertwined hands. A smile curved on my face as I realize how my slim fingers perfectly fits on spaces between his hand. This little gesture made me feel so safe and secured. I could spend an eternity holding your hand, my love.

I looked at his handsome face and I can see nothing but happiness. His head leisurely nodding to the music and easily lift up our hands, swinging in the air.

He giggled and so I was, when Dad offered his hand to Mom for a dance. I was beaming with so much joy watching them with distinguished admiration. Throughout my life, their relationship was my inspiration. It was not perfect, but the love that they have for each other makes up for all the small imperfections. It's a love-hate relationship but I am very sure that they're better together.

Mama Mozzy and Papa Bong were moved by the music, too. I laid my eyes on the lovely couple with high esteem and it whipped up my feelings. Just like Mom and Dad, they experienced challenges, too, but always gratified that they never faced it alone. And yes, indeed, they're better together.

I got twinkle in my eyes when Mama Lovel and Papa John swayed to the music as well. As my second parents, I've witnessed the relationship that they have. Still, it was imperfect but couple with different personalities, it was truly a good combination. Opposites really do attract and so, they're better together.

I felt so blessed to be surrounded by three beautiful couples. Their married lives were so inspiring and will surely be our guide in the near future.

Near future. My heart beats fast when it echoed in my mind. Should I take the chance now?

I got distracted when Manong Kiefer and Ate Ly, Nico and Jho, Kuya Loel, Jaja and Dani joined our parents on the dance floor.

I looked around and everyone was enjoying the night. Their cute moments were flashing on the projector stand that caused me to snicker. Okay, that's good Bea. Relax.

But my brows creased when Thirdy stood up and offered his hand to me. I love dancing with him so I took it willingly and both of us tee hee as we bopped to the tune.

Thirdy guided my hands on his nape and softly puts his forehead against mine. "It is a lovely night, isn't it?" He whispered while looking intently to my eyes. I nodded a little while smiling sweetly. Yes, it is really a lovely night, my love.

He pulled me a little closer, still staggered to our feet. "You know what, I always love dancing with you." I murmured, gently touching my nose against him. "I am not really good at it, but it seems like perfect when I'm swaying with you. I could dance with you forever."

Forever. Again, my heart beats a little bit fast upon realizing the undying word. It was indeed a perfect night, swaying and hugging each other under the starry sky while surrounded by the amazing people in our lives. Oh God, please give me a sign.

With my head in the clouds, I have not noticed that the song ended until I heard him muttered. "Yeah, we are better together." Our forehead parted a little. He slowly closed his eyes and overwrought evident to him.

I grabbed the chance to stare at his handsome face and it made me so kilig. Ang gwapo ng mahal ko.

After a moment, I welcomed his sight with my sweetest smile. He looked deeply in my eyes so I did the same. I stuck for a second and my eyes became watery when I see my future with him. Is this the sign? My hands freely falling from his shoulder and the left one placed on his chest. "Ang bilis ng heart beat mo." He just nodded, still looked uneasy. "This moment is almost perfect." I whispered.