Chapter 25

Your memory feels like home to me.
So whenever my mind wanders, it always finds its way back to you.
Ranata Suzuki

I was literally catching my breath when I reached the coffee shop and immediately roamed my eyes around the area. Then I saw the person I was looking for at the corner most part of the shop, sipping a cup of coffee. I nervously walked towards his place, carefully handling a well packaged container.

I was about to call his attention when he glanced at my direction. "Oh you're here. Have a seat, Thirdy."

I settled at the vacant chair and gently put my bitbit on the table. "Sorry Kuya Loel, I'm late."

"Not a problem Thirdy. 10 minutes is not a big deal." He laughed a little.

"Thank you Kuya." I slowly pushed the box infront of him. "And thank you so much for doing this favor, paki bigay na lang po kay Bea. I have meeting pa kasi this evening, baka gabihin na matapos kaya hindi na ako siguro makakadaan sa bahay."

I heard him chuckle. "You really love my sister noh. Mom just mentioned this morning that Bea wants a Calea White Chocolate Cheesecake, tapos eto na kaagad. Literal na roundtrip ginawa mo ah. I bet you just spent an our in Bacolod." He shook his head.

"Anything for Bea." I smiled at him.

Early this morning, I went to the De Leon's to bring the creamy chicken sopas that I cooked for Bea. It was a routine for me to visit their house every morning and evening just to check her. And honestly, hoping that Bea will give me a chance to talk to her after the proposal.

While we were having our breakfast, Mommy Det said that Bea was craving for a Calea cheesecake. So without any second thought, I went to the airport to catch the earliest flight to Bacolod, trying my luck as a chance passenger. I coordinated as well to my staff in Pampanga to prepare a private plane in case I won't get any. But by good fortune, I aboard right on time.

I arrived at the Bacolod-Silay Airport at 1 in the afternoon. I can't thank enough Wilma, our family friend, who bought the cheesecake and met me at the arrival area for me to catch the 2PM flight going back to Manila.

"You are so ridiculous, Thirdy." Kuya Loel said while laughing. "Literal na sarili mo lang ang dala mo pa Bacolod. Good choice na nag chance passenger ka, less hassle."

"Madami kasing proseso if I'll bring a private plane. But it was my plan B, kung di ako makakasakay sa earliest flight." I smiled as I remember Bea. "I'll do everything just to satisfy her cravings. It is my responsibility Kuya, kay Bea at kay baby."

Kuya Loel sat up straight and looked at me with sadness in his eyes. "Be patient Thirdy. Maybe she just need some time to think."

I nodded at him and answered politely. "Yes. Handa po akong maghintay."

His face lit up. "Thank you, thank you for loving my sister."

I gave him a small smile. "Bea deserves the world, Kuya."

"Thirdy, please don't get tired of Bea ah. Pakihabaan pa ang pasensya mo sakanya. Mukha lang syang matapang, but the truth is, she's not. Madami syang kinatatakutan, kaya sana pakilawakan pa ang pag intindi sakanya at higit sa lahat, wag ka sanang magsawang suyuin at hintayin siya." Kuya Loel said with all sincereness. "Alam ko kung gaano ka kahalaga at kamahal ni Bea, so please don't ever give up on her."