Chapter 31

Whoever makes you feel light
inside the darkest part of your soul
is the one you should never let go.
Haley MacLeod

"Danielle Theris ah." I protested.

"Chill Ate Bea." She giggled, still holding my hand.

"Sinasabi ko talaga sayong bata ka. Naku ka talaga."

"Fourteen steps na lang Ate, malapit na tayo." Dani said, her voice was full of excitement.

"Fourteen talaga? Pag ako nadapa dito, lagot ka talaga sa akin." I threatened her. "Susumbong kita sa Kuya mo at kay Mama Mozzy."

I heard her laughing. "Ate naman. Susumbong mo na pa ko eh we're here na nga." She released her hand from mine.

"So can I remove this blindfold na?"

"Yes Ate." Dani answered.

I slowly reached the back of my head to untie the blindfold. I blinked my eyes for a couple of times to adjust my blurry vision. I squirmed when I heard a party popper and cheerful voices. "Surprise! Welcome to your bridal shower soon to be Mrs. Ravena!" They said in unison, applauding.

"OMG! Kayo talaga." I smiled while acknowledging everyone in the room. I felt so special seeing the closest girls in my life. Dani and Jaja, wearing their cutie pajamas, ran towards me and gave me a big hug.

"Sorry for the blindfold, Ate. Napag utusan lang. Enjoy the night!" Dani kissed my cheek.

"Congratulations Ate Bea. Probably last party mo na 'to bilang single. Have a good time, Ate!" A tight hug and kisses from Jaja.

"Thank you, babies. I love you both."

The two stepped back as Thirdy's friends girlfriends appoached me.

"I am really happy for you and Thirdy." A warm embrance from Rhiana.

"Thirdy is one lucky guy." Ari said in between our besos.

"You deserve each other. Congrats!" Andi greeted and kissed my cheeks.

"Thank you girls."

"Akala ko pa naman ako ang first bride sa barkada." It was Mikki, wearing her teary eyes. The girls laughed. "Joke lang Bea, but I am really really glad Thirdy finally found you." My heart melt. I offered my arms and she gave me a soft tight hug.

"A beautiful love story indeed." Xands outreached and granted me a peck on my cheek.

"You were meant for Thirdy." Aimee made beso. "And he was destined for you." It was Bianca's turn for a congratulatory hug.

"You guys are the sweetest. Thank you." I was on cloud nine.

"For sure, we will join you and Thirdy on the next chapter of your story." Angie said, a kiss and a little quick embrace.

"Yay. Congratulations, again Bea!" Denise greeted.

"Group hug." The ever jolly Hazelle announced. The girls were laughing while forming a group hug. Thank You God for them.

***

I was still amazed and surprised on the bridal shower that they throw for me. It was a pajama party theme and pillows were everywhere. There were two sets of buffet table, for main dishes and the other one was for the sweets.