Chapter 28

I searched heaven everywhere,
when it was in your eyes all along.
Angel AG

A smile plastered on my face as I admire the beautiful view of sea water calmly touching the white sands. As my arms were comfortably resting on the wooden handrail of the balcony, my eyes shut for a moment, feeling the fresh salty air and listening to the sound of the crashing waves. Finally, I found serenity in this place, again.

My eyes slowly opens, as I felt a bump on my back, arms wrapping around my body and a nose sniffing on my armfit. I chuckled a little, not because it was tickling, but because of so much kilig. Clingy preggy Beatriz is the sweetest.

I gently held her arms as I turn around, her head freely landed on my chest. "Good morning, Babe." I kissed her forehead and rubbed her belly. "And good morning to you, too, baby."

Bea gingerly tilted her head, tiptoed and gave me a smack on my lips. "You look good pa kesa sa morning, Babe." She said on her malambing voice.

"Mukhang maganda ang gising ng Mommy ah."

"Hindi nga eh. I was expecting na your face ang una kong makikita pag gising ko, but you're not on my side. Akala ko iniwan mo na kami ni baby." She pouted. Arg ang cute ng Beatriz ko.

"I'm sorry. Naexcite lang ako makita ang dagat." I answered and gave her a warm embrace. "At hinding hindi mangyayaring iiwan ko kayo ni baby."

Bea mouthed, "Thank you." as I held her face and my thumb caressing her soft cheek. I can see certainty in her eyes.

I slowly bowed my head as she cautiously stand on a tiptoe to close the gap between us. But before our lips met, we felt a couple of crumpled paper hitting our bodies.

"Ang aga aga, ang lalandi." Someone's screaming from the garden of the resort. Bea and I giggled as we look down and find the annoyed face of Jho while Jaja and Dani were suppressing their laughs.

"Pagpacensyahan nyo na si Ate, miss lang nito si Kuya Nico." Jaja said on a peace sign.

"Ate Bea, Kuya Thirdy, baba na kayo. Magbebreakfast na tayo." A smiling Dani waved her hand.

"Sige. Sunod na kami." Bea answered and excitedly pull me inside our room. As soon as the door closed, she pinned me on the wall and kissed me sweetly, a short one but full of love. Both of us can't help but smile as our lips parted. "Come on, let's have our breakfast na."

She was about to walk when I hugged her from behind. "Wait lang." I whispered to her ear, she snickered. "Ikaw na lang breakfast ko."

"Ferdinand Ravena III!" She slapped me on my arm and I started laughing so hard.

"Just trying my luck lang naman. Halika na nga, baka gutom na din ang baby natin."

***

The dining hall was full of familiar faces, most of my brothers, their partners and families were here, too. It was like a mini reunion of my high school brodies, all thanks to our dear friend, Kuya Chris Tiu for inviting us to their resort soft opening.

Bea and I exchanged pleasantries to our friends. They were fully aware of Bea's pregnancy and they were happy and excited for the first baby of the barkada.

"Ang liit mo magbuntis, Bea." Rhiana said as she rubbed Bea's belly.

"You look sexy pa din." Ariana acclaimed.