Chapter 32

I don't know my future. Hell, I don't even know what I'll be doing next week, let alone next year. So I can't make any promises but I do know one thing: no matter where I am, what I feel or who I become, it will always begin and end with you.
r.m. drake

BEA

My lips slowly formed into a smile as I behold myself in the mirror. Tidy sweeping low bun for my hair, a light coverage foundation to match my fair skin tone, shades of brown layering on my lids, a touch of pink blush on my cheeks and lips with nude matte finish.

I carefully stood up from the vanity chair and fixed the robe that I was wearing. I walked off slowly near the glass wall of my hotel room where lay figure was placed. I let out a sigh of bliss as I ran my fingertips through the details of the stunning long dress made from chiffon fabric. It was aesthetically designed with V-neck and cap-sleeves appliques, empire waist embellished with rhinestones and an alluring keyhole back. For a moment, I admire the elegant vintage white dress.

I came back to my senses when I heard sharp knocks and slowly glanced to that direction. The door was ajar and saw two lovely ladies on cream silk frock nudging each other. I shook my head while watching the familiar scenario.

"You first." The first woman said.

"Ay naku. Ikaw na kasi." The other one answered.

I chuckled at the sight of these two.

"Det!"

"Lovel!"

They both on crossed arms posture. Arg ang cute.

"Mom. Mama. Enough na. Para kayong ewan jan." I reached for Mom's left hand while right hand naman kay Mama Lovel and dragged both of them inside. "Please come in na. Remember, bawal sa door, may buntis."

"Hala ka Det. Oo nga." Worry evident on Mama's voice.

"Baka mahirapan manganak si Bea." Mom hurled back.

I sat at the edge of the bed while laughing. "I was just joking lang po. Bakit kasi nagtuturuan pa kayong dalawa kanina? You don't want to assist me po ba?" I pouted.

"Oh sorry my princess. It's not like that." Mom said, she sat beside me.

"Pagpacensyahan mo na kami Bea, anak." Mama Lovel started, she hauled a stool and took a sit facing me and Mommy. "Parang kailan lang kasi, baby ka pa namin." She paused for a second as her eyes become watery. "Nagtatalo pa kami ni Det kung anong head dress mo for your baptism day."

Mom chuckled. "That was so funny, Lovel." Natawa sila pareho. "Because we bought the same design of headband."

"What?" Nakisali na din ako sa tawanan. "Well, you two have the same taste naman kasi."

"So this time, we made sure na hindi na pareho ang binili namin for your big day." Mama Lovel handed me a small rectangular gift box.

"Ano po ito?" I smiled and stared at her sparkling eyes.

"Just open it, anak."

With too much excitement, I immediately pulled the ribbon and open the present. My mouth instantly formed an O as I fiddled with the glistering hair accessory - a silver plated hair clip with crystal accents in a leaf and vine design. "Mama, ang ganda. Thank you po." I reached for her and gave my biggest hug.