Chapter 27

You are the high risk
I'm willing to take.
Angel AG

I woke up to the buzzing sound of my cellular phone. I groaned as I grope it from my side table and answer the call, my eyes were still closed.

"Hello." I said on a husky voice.

"Good morning." Greeted by the person on the other line. "I'm sorry po if I wake you up. Can you please meet me? I need your help. I'll message you the details na lang po. Thank you."

I opened my eyes with a furrow brows. I looked at my phone and the call came from unknown number. "Luh. Sino kaya yun? Di man lang ako pinagsalita."

I threw my phone haphazardly on the bed and was about to go back sleeping when I heard it beeping. I picked it up and read the message.

From: Unknown

Starbucks Katipunan, 10AM
Thank you Ate Jho

My forehead creased upon reading the message. "Ate Jho? Di naman boses ni Jaja yun ah."

I started composing my text message when my phone beeped again, still from unknown sender.

From: Unknown

I'm sorry Ate, Dani here ✌🏼 My new digits

Dani. Bakit? I risen up with lots of questions in my head. I tried to shake my thoughts off and immediately go to the bathroom. I hope everything is well.

***

I arrived at the coffee shop earlier than scheduled. As I traipsed to look for a seat, I heard someone calling my name.

"Ate Jho. Here po!"

My eyes roamed around and a girl wearing hoodie caught my attention. She was smiling awkwardly while waving her hand, so I walked off to her place. Dani stood up and offer her cheek for a beso.

"Upo tayo Ate Jho." She offered. "Thank you po pala sa pagpunta dito at pasensya na din sa abala."

"Oh, no Dans. It's really fine. Wala din naman akong gagawin today." I showed her my full teeth smile.

"Ate, what do you want to eat? Kain muna tayo bago mag usap. Kakadating ko lang din po kasi and I haven't eaten breakfast yet." She asked while setting up her lappy and pullout some papers and a magazine from her bag.

"Venti Hot Caramel Macchiato, please, and a Chicken Pot Pie." I answered while getting cash in my wallet.

"On me na Ate. Ako nag ask ng favor sayo to meet me eh. Wait lang po." She winked and immediately left our table.

I gawk at her until she reached the counter. She seems okay. My inner self said, still wondering for this sudden meet up.

Dani and I just clicked on the very first day that we met. Though we haven't got the chance to hang out often, we bond naman everytime his Kuya involves us in preparing surprises for my bestfriend. In figutive time, I only see good in her.

My musings were interrupted as I smell the coffee and pastries being served infront of me. "Hmmm ang bango ng coffee. Anyway, thank you for the libre, Dans."

"Enjoy the food Ate. Later, I'll give you headache." I looked at her blankly. "Joke lang Ate. Let's eat na muna."

"Hay naku kang bata ka. Kinakabahan ako sa kapalit ng libreng breakfast." Both of us giggled.