Chapter 1

Her but w/ purple eyes

Helena's POV

My human alarm went off and I jumped out of my tiny bed.

"Get downstairs and make us food!" My older 'brother' Falcon said shoving me in the wall, "You have 30 minutes, oh and happy birthday bitch." He shoved me once more and left my tiny closet sized room.

I rubbed the sore spot on my arm and stretched my tired limbs out then quickly put on my worn out clothes.

You'd think my older brothers and family would at least treat me nicer since it's my birthday. But no. I'm sure it will be worse today since it reminds them of my shitty birth.

I quickly escaped my room and entered the kitchen silently. It's only 6:30 so most of the pack members are still sleeping. The only people awake at this time is the Alpha and my brothers.

My oldest brother Falcon is 21, he's the beta of the pack. My other brother Liam is 19, only one year older than me. He is the 3rd in command aka the Gamma. (Please correct me if i'm wrong!)

Of both brothers Liam is the better one. He doesn't give me as many beatings as Falcon does. But he still does, and I want to hate him for that.

I cooked up food for the pack and as usual made extra so I could sneak some for myself.

They must've smelt the food because all the teenagers rushed downstairs to pig out. I stood at my spot in the corner of the kitchen with my head down, careful to not anger anyone with my purple eyes.

One of the teenagers whispered me a genuine happy birthday and I almost smiled.

I haven't smiled in 9 years and I plan to keep it that way.

Besides the abuse and small bedroom, i'm somewhat lucky that they let me at least shower and brush my teeth. Probably because they don't want to smell an odor, especially coming from the person who makes their food.

I continued to stand in the corner until I smelt the best thing ever, like rain.

My eyes widened when I realized that must be my mate.

Oh no no no.

'Maybe he'll want us.' My wolf weakly whispered, she didn't sound sure of herself.

Before I could carry on my thoughts I was roughly slammed into the wall, someone held a tight grip on shirt.

"Look at me!" The rough voice yelled and that's when I realized it's Alpha Levi. The intoxicating smell made me realize this abusive piece of shit is my mate.

I raised my purple eyes to meet his green ones and didn't even flinch when I saw the hate piled in them.

"I alpha Levi reject Helena Celine as my mate and future Luna." The people in the kitchen laughed at me and I definitely noticed my "family" standing there.

For the first time in nearly a decade a smile came to my face, many gasped since I never show much emotion besides pain.

"I, Helena Celine accept your rejection." A look of regret crossed his face but it left as soon as it appeared.

He shoved me hard into the wall and stormed out of the kitchen with everyone else behind him.

I let out a breath and tried to ignore the howling of my wolf.

'We need to leave!' My wolf Pixel cried. 'We cant live like this anymore!'

I gulped and ran to my room. There's really nothing for me to take, so i'll be traveling light.

I grabbed a piece of paper and a pen, leaving a simple note for the pack.

I wrote, 'I hope you realize how much this pack needs me, have fun doing laundry and cooking breakfast on your own bitches- Kisses from Helena.'

I will admit it felt weird saying that because i'm a kindhearted person.

I sneaked out of my tiny window and let Pixel take over so she could get us out of here.

A few minutes of intense running and the pack borders were in clear view, lucky for us the patrols are focused on a couple rogues at the other side of the border.

I felt my grey paws smack the ground as we finally crossed over the borders.

'I Helena Celine cut ties from this pack.'

I felt the pack bond disappear and I sighed.

Looks like we're rogue now.