Chapter 12

Helena's POV

I dropped therogues body to the ground and wiped the blood off my face.

No, I didn't kill him. I am not that cold hearted. I compelled him to forget everything so he doesn't seek revenge on me.

I made sure the blood was off me and I stepped back into the pack borders.

Well it's time for dinner but i'm not hungry anymore. I mentally shrugged and walked into the house instantly being pulled into strong arms.

I don't want him to be touching me right now.

'Stop it Helena! You didn't even let him explain!'

I rolled my eyes at my wolf but sighed in defeat.

"I'm sorry, Axel." I latched myself to him and he returned the embrace. I ignored the fact that the warriors, Kole, Jack, and Liam were standing there. I need my mate. His arms wrapped around me made me feel safe... loved.

"No i'm sorry, I should've told you." He mumbled into my neck. Then he sniffed and I paled.

"Where did you go?" He pulled away from the hug and I tried to avoid his hard stare.

I gulped, "I was angry and hungry." I crossed my arms and I winced remembering the intense pain I made that stupid rogue feel. "I took my anger out on a rogue I found. I made him feel all the pain that i felt growing up. Every kick, punch, and slap that i've ever received he felt." I mumbled, ashamed of myself for hurting the guy who could've had a family.

His strong arms wrapped around me again and I sighed.

"It's alright Lena, I'm not mad." He said, knowing that i feel like he's angry with me. He kissed my forehead and I involuntarily blushed.

I growled quietly when I remembered my brothers standing right there. I stared at my big brother and he stared back with a sorrowful expression.

"Speak." I said, then he started his speech.

"I never wanted to take part in your beating Helena, neither did Falcon. Mom and Dad threatened us. They said that if we didn't beat you and make you feel worthless, they'd kill you and your mate and also kill us and our mates. We didn't want you to die so we hit you. Falcon beat you worse because I didn't want to, so he had to do enough for the both of us. I know it's wrong but we love you and we wanted what was best for your future." He said, honestly clear in his voice.

I want to believe him, but how could you trust someone who constantly broke you, mentally and physically.

No I don't have scars physically, but mentally I'm covered in them. The ones who were supposed to protect me hurt me more than anyone else.

I love my brothers, no matter what. But I can't forgive them, not so soon at least.

I nodded my head, "Where is Falcon?"

"He's the beta, he needs to be with-" He stopped before he could say Levi's name.

"You can say him name Liam. He's nothing to me." I said and he nodded.

"Um so anyway... uh... Falcon is going to um... uh... k-kill Levi and take over as alpha." Liam stuttered out.

"Well that sucks for him." I said with a shrug, then covered my mouth.

Oh that was bad for me to say wasn't it?

"Oh I mean, I'm sorry Liam, I know you two were friends." I patted his shoulder then walked into the kitchen where the omegas were making dinner.

No the omegas don't get treated poorly, they just make dinner and clean. But everyone pitches in so they don't have to do all of it themselves.

Axels POV

I don't really care that she fed on a rogue, I mean I sorta feel bad for whoever it was but rogues are typically crazy.

When she said that Levi is nothing to her, my heart nearly exploded.

I'm so whipped.

'Yeah buddy we are!' My wolf wagged his tail.

I mentally chuckled and realized Helena had left.

I feel like a lost puppy when she leaves me alone.

"Bro you look like a lost puppy every time she leaves you alone!" Kole laughed and leaned on Jack for support.

I shrugged and followed her intoxicating scent that led to the kitchen.

When I walked in she was helping Ben, one of the omegas, cook the mashed potatoes.

"Just make sure you mix them enough so they don't stick to the pan. It makes it a lot harder to clean." She said then handed him the mixing spoon. He thanked her and she turned around to leave but she jumped when she saw me.

"Dang it Axel you scared me." She said with her hand on her heart.

"Sorry babe, didn't mean to." I apologized and grabbed her soft hand, pulling her to the backyard.

"I love you Helena." I said, putting my lips on hers. They're so soft and plump, I could literally kiss her all day. The feeling of sparks brings me so much happiness, knowing that my mates with me.

"I love you too Axel." She mumbled in between kisses.

The kiss was slow and passionate, our intense love for each other is clear.

She pulled away from our kiss and I growled.

"I would love to kiss you more, but I think dinners ready, Alpha."

A childlike pout was on my face, "Fine." I laced her fingers with mine and we went to the dining room.

Little did we know that our dinner was going to be cut short.

———