Chapter 4

Vote+ comment so I know you're reading. <3

Helena's POV

No I do not trust him.

Will I make an effort? Of course.

That doesn't mean i'm not terrified that he'll turn on me and hate me.

But I can't push him away, he doesn't deserve to be treated like that. He deserves a chance. I deserve a chance at happiness.

It's only been a day of me being fully awake and he's been treating me amazing. Like i've always seen my dad treat my mom. Or how the Alpha always treated the Luna at my old pack. How mates are supposed to treat each other.

Now don't get me wrong. My parents are terrible to me but to each other they're so in love. If i didn't hate them i'd love their relationship.

"Hey." Axel said walking into his room where i'm staying.

"Hi." I whispered, still not used to having someone talk to me.

He sat in the chair next to his bed and ran his hands through my freshly washed hair. "Are you ready to meet a couple people?" He asked.

Meeting new people is terrifying to me. What if they hate me? What if they hit me? Or yell at me?

"Hey it'll be alright, I promise." He stroked my hair again and I couldn't help but to instantly calm.

"I'll meet them. But if it's not too much to ask I would only like to meet like 5 people. Any more than that is too much." I mumbled, hoping he wouldn't take offense that I don't want to meet too many people.

"Of course my angel." He said and a light blush rose to my cheeks.

— Axels POV —

"Of course my angel." I said and noticed a light blush form on her cheeks. She's so cute.

I'm whipped. And I can admit it too. She's got me wrapped around her finger and she doesn't even know it.

She sat up in the bed and turned towards me. "I'm ready."

"Okay, they'll come in here so you can relax." She nodded and sat criss cross with the blanket draped over her legs. Her long, tan se-

"Alpha, Luna." My beta Jack said stepping in with Kole and my mom and dad behind him.

Helena shifted so one of her legs were hanging off the bed and the other was tucked. I grabbed her hand in hopes of bringing her the feeling of safety.

"Hey honey I'm Axels mom." My mom was the first to greet her and she pulled her into a hug. Much to my surprise, Helena hugged back instantly.

Wow. I haven't even gotten a hug from her yet. Should I be jealous?

My dad was the next to say hi to her. He shook her hand gently and she smiled with her white teeth.

Her smile is so charming.

Kole was next and he gave her a small hug, my wolf definitely wasn't pleased with that and neither was I. But i can't freak her out by getting mad.

Jack gave her a small hug too but it doesn't concern me since he has a mate. Kole on the other hand, doesn't.

We all found a place to sit so we could ask her some questions and get to know her.

"So where do you come from?" My dad was the first to ask and I noticed her hands fiddling with each other.

"The M- Midnight Grass Pack." She mumbled and my jaw clenched. So that was the asshole pack that seems to have messed with her head? And that means they're the ones who rejected her.

Our pack has never had a problem with them but sometimes they push their limits.

"How old are you?" That one came from my mom.

"18, My birthday was like 3 weeks ago."

"So I heard you're my sons second chance mate?" My dad asked and she visibly paled.

"Yes." She mumbled staring at her nails.

"Do you mind telling us why?"

"Alpha Levi rejected me, but to be honest with you guys, I don't really care. He's a dick anyway." I smiled at her words and my mom and dad laughed.

What she said next shocked me. "I'm glad he rejected me." She paused, "If he didn't reject me, I wouldn't be here... with him." Her purple eyes locked with mine and I swear I blushed.

Since when do Alphas blush?

'Since they found their mate.' My wolf cheered with a wag of his tail.

She turned her attention back to everyone else but my eyes stayed locked on her. She's so beautiful that it makes it hard to look away.

"I guess if you want i'll just tell you my story." She muttered. Everyone nodded and watched her.

"My life was normal growing up, you know... playing with friends, having loving siblings. But when I turned 8 my brown hair turned white and my blue eyes turned purple. They thought I was some freak, they thought I was a disgrace. That's when the abuse started. They'd punch, kick, choke me until I was begging for my life. No one stood up for me, not even my two older brothers. I thought if anyone was to protect me it'd be them, since they were so protective when I was younger. But they just watched... and sometimes they joined in on it too. My mother was the worst out of all of them. She was angry that i wasn't the perfect daughter she wanted. My dad never hurt me though, but he watched and didn't stop them. He could've stopped it since he's the Beta but he didn't and I hate him for that." She stopped and I was ready to burst in anger but I held it back as much as I could.

"I'm so sorry honey." My mom gave her a motherly hug and so did my father.

I glanced at Jack and Kole and they looked devastated yet proud. Probably because they have such a strong Luna.

I asked them all to leave so it was just me and her.

"Do you still want me?" Helena asked with her head down.

I sat in the bed next to her and pulled her into me, "Of course I want you."

She didn't respond but her breathing slowed down and I could tell she was asleep.

I laid her down and kissed her forehead then headed to go shopping with my mom for Helena.

This chapter kinda sucked.