Chapter 7

Helena's POV (5 days later)

I'm beginning to trust him. And i'm scared. It was so easy for my brothers and parents to turn on me, what makes me so sure he won't?

I guess i'll have to cross that bridge when I get there. I mean... if I get there.

I can't just assume everyone will be like my family, where would I ever get in life with a mindset like that?

Nowhere.

I adjusted my spot on the comfortable couch in the pack library where I was reading The Hunger Games. I was basically the only one in here except for 3 older ladies who i've heard like to spend their time in here since their mates have passed.

It makes me sad. They're in the age range of like 80-90 but they don't look a day older than 50.

Perks of being a werewolf.

When i'm 60 I won't look any older than I do now, it's just how we age. We will never look older than 50 and I thank the moon goddess for that.

I growled quietly when a few teenagers barged into the library. Probably looking for something for school.

Man I miss my high school days.

Haha sarcasm.

I hated that fucking place.

I swear everyday I wanted to rip their throats out.

Anyway...

The teenagers were making too much noise and I noticed the three ladies giving me looks that said, 'You're the Luna please make them shut the hell up.'

I gave them a smile and marked the page in my book. I stood up and walked over to the 15 year old teens.

They smiled when they saw me and gave a chorus of 'Hi Luna!'

"Hey guys, whatcha looking for?" I asked nicely smiling at the 4 teens in front of me. 2 guys and 2 girls.

"We need a book about Rhinos for biology. We're doing a group project about the way they live and stuff." One of the girls said and the others nodded.

I've only been here for a short period of time but i already know this place from top to bottom. I've always had a good memory and have always wanted to know everything.

"I know where that is, i'll show you." I escorted them to the book of rhinos and handed it to the boy with the outstretched hands.

"Thank you so much Luna." They all said and I nodded.

"Care to tell me your names?" I asked, wanting to know more about his— well our pack.

"I'm Lauren." The short light skinned girl said

"I'm Danny." The boy with bright red hair said.

"I'm Sadie and this is my twin brother Paul." She pointed to her twin and I gave them a warm smile.

"Were so sorry for causing so much noise, it won't happen again." Paul said.

"It's alright, now run along and get that project done. I except you to come show me the grade you get on it when you're finished." I teased and waved them out of the library.

"We will Luna, thanks again!" They left and I sat on the couch again.

I had just gotten comfortable and my mates scent hit my nose.

I looked up to see him walking into the library with a smile, "I figured i'd see you here."

I smiled back and stood up, letting his warm arms embrace me in a hug.

"Do you need something?" I asked resting my chin on his chest while looking up at him, with my arms still wrapped around his torso.

"I wanted to see you." He mumbled and blushed.

"Aw you're so cute." I reached up and pinched his pink cheeks.

"Stop it." He grumbled, but based on the way he leaned into my touch, I knew he didn't want me to stop.

I giggled and placed a kiss on his cheek, dangerously close to his full pink lips.

I heard his heart skip and I couldn't help the smirk that played on my face.

He mumbled a few things along the lines of 'Embarrassing him in front of the elders' and 'Why are they in the corner gushing'

I turned my head to see the 3 older ladies whispering and smiling at out exchange.

I chuckled and grabbed Axels hand, pulling him to the exit of the library.

We held hands as we walked back to his -

Our home.

'We're being attacked!' A warrior shouted through the pack link and Axel turned to me.

"Go hide." He lightly pushed me towards our home where there's a emergency hiding place.

"But-"

"No buts baby, please. I can't lose you." I nodded and ran off towards the hiding place. I don't have to worry about the mother's and children because they are trained to know where to go without assistance.

I was fast, so fast everything blurred as I went past.

This isn't right.

I'm not supposed to be able to run this fast.

It's vampire-like.

A heavy body slammed into mine and before I could react a needle was slammed into my neck and all color faded from my vision.

I passed out.